GP2X Gp2x Emulator/pandora Pc Emulator?

BCable

Is there any GP2X emulator planned like the GP32 emulator that's available for the GP2X?

Another question, how useful would a Pandora Emulator for the PC be? I would imagine it would be great for developers.

Are these devices open specification? If so, where can I get a copy of these specs?

Thanks.

After searching, I came up with these specs for the OMAP3530. This is the right processor, right?

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/omap3530.html

Every thing you have asked for has been asked and answered many a time now but for shits and giggles

GP2X emu, very doubtful most stuff would be ported if there is enough call for it seen as they are both ARM based

PC emulation, best you could hope for would probably be 386 speeds, so don;t go counting on it for anything more than very slow windows 3.1... if that

liquidphantom said:
Every thing you have asked for has been asked and answered many a time now but for shits and giggles

GP2X emu, very doubtful most stuff would be ported if there is enough call for it seen as they are both ARM based

PC emulation, best you could hope for would probably be 386 speeds, so don;t go counting on it for anything more than very slow windows 3.1... if that
I meant a Pandora emulator for the PC.

I just looked at the specs a bit, looked at the source for ZSNES, and I think I just realized that I'm a complete moron that is trying to bite off more than he can chew :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BCable said:
Is there any GP2X emulator planned like the GP32 emulator that's available for the GP2X?

Another question, how useful would a Pandora Emulator for the PC be? I would imagine it would be great for developers.

Are these devices open specification? If so, where can I get a copy of these specs?

Thanks.

After searching, I came up with these specs for the OMAP3530. This is the right processor, right?

http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/omap3530.html

Is there a gp32 emulator available for the gp2x? Have I been asleep at the wheel?

Chris

christo930 said:
Is there a gp32 emulator available for the gp2x? Have I been asleep at the wheel?

Chris
Not a useful one.

Doing a complete low level emulation of Pandora for PC would be extremely difficult and time consuming, especially for the areas that are not publicly documented such as the SGX. A high level emulation (maybe using Qemu) might be doable though.

Back