Gp2x F-200 Stylus Problem

Heh heh bend over :D

Just kidding, don't think it has a slot for the stylus (great design work there!). I hear you can attach it or as a alternative use a NDS stylus which is small enough to stick in your pocket!

Is there any space on f200 when one could mod some sort of socket or clip? So that stylus could be firmly attached and didn't get in the way when not needed?

the stylus comes with a little string/strap thing that you put through the hole and loop it on. I've found that with it attached, it reaches the part just above the battery compartment - where i just put a tiny bit of white blu-tac.

Seriously... GPHs hardware designers must be retarded. So many dumb flaws that could have been rectified so easily. I can't believe they didn't care to include some sort of way to attach the stylus to the console. God is that dumb!

I did see yor pics but i don't understand how to do it, can you explain in more info to place the stylus

I think he was just demonstrating that you can attach the stylus with it's string on the plastic loop thingy underneath your GP2X...

There is no "intelligent" way of keeping it.

Personaly, I ditched the included stick...it's made out of metal?! who the hell wants to use a metal stylus? So I got a Palm stylus that I use.

As for storage, I have the original GP2X Carry case so here is the "mod" I did to keep it in:

Here is the Palm Stylus, spiffy.
1.jpg

Here you can see there is a bit of cloth in between the two parts of the "shell"...
I cut a small hole in it so the Stylus would fit.
2.jpg

And here you can see (or maybe you cannot see) the sylus in it's SECRET HIDDEN AREA!!1
3.jpg

Haha agreed, that is the most ridiculous design flaw! I guess the touchscreen was just an afterthought...you're lucky they including a stylus at all!

xnopasaranx said:
Seriously... GPHs hardware designers must be retarded. So many dumb flaws that could have been rectified so easily. I can't believe they didn't care to include some sort of way to attach the stylus to the console. God is that dumb!

Last edited by a moderator:
mrsnature said:
Haha agreed, that is the most ridiculous design flaw! I guess the touchscreen was just an afterthought...you're lucky they including a stylus at all!

xnopasaranx said:

aftertought? they couldn't even do a DPAD properly! That's unheard of!

So... touchpad with no decent stylus integration (or decent stylus period), Unaccessible system files, INCLUDING the awesome ability to telnet into your device and a crappy half assed firmware that does less than its predecessor... and then you have... oh noes! WAIT! those were the new things! =(

sukhigp said:
There is no place to put the stylus where does it go?

it swings free just like every self respecting guy should

I try my best not to used the touchscreen- as I have found that it doesnt work well anyway- and that I use Gmenu as the FW is rubbish. I agree that maybe GPH hardware people need a slap on that one. Bring on custom fw and a mod for the stylus.

Back