Gp2x F200: Converting *.vob To *.avi

JakeK

Website
Visit site
Heya,

I have been through numerous methods of converting *.VOB files (from DVD's) to *.AVI to play on my GP2X F200. I have tried PocketDivX and the Avidemux and a tonne of other programs. The closest I have got to is using the DivX encoder. Unfortunately I get pixelation but audio and video synchronisation is perfect.

Could anyone please tell me of a program that works perfectly or provide me with a step by step way to use one that I have already tried (not from readme's or wiki's).

I'd be extremely grateful.

Regards

Jake.

JakeK said:
Could anyone please tell me of a program that works perfectly or provide me with a step by step way to use one that I have already tried (not from readme's or wiki's).
Use whatever program you have, it is not important. The important thing is the configuration of your program: use codec DivX, an output of 320x240, video at 600Kbps and MP3 audio at 96Kbps. I was said that video bitrate could be even lower, but it works fine for me.

Too high MP3 encoding (192Kbps, 320Kbps) has proven to pixelize the video. Maybe that's your problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back