Gp2x F800

TheLonelyGod

Still Fresh
So i have seen rumors about the gp2x f800 on the net.

In comparison to the Pandora how is it? actually on that account does anyone know anything about it?

No-one has heard anything about it. It was 'announced' in the news section of these boards by the mysterious sukhigp. :ph34r:

with no evidence to back the 'news' up :)

Gp2x F666 rumored to have natural ability to use blood for charging up it's battery

quasist said:
Gp2x F666 rumored to have natural ability to use blood for charging up it's battery
That might actually be an improvement. At least that would mean that it has a battery. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
The Gp2X-F800 is inferior to the Pandora, but I can't say anything else.
Thats all i wanted to know.
I don't want to buy the inferior product.

pandora said:
No-one has heard anything about it. It was 'announced' in the news section of these boards by the mysterious sukhigp. :ph34r:

with no evidence to back the 'news' up :)
I could've sworn I heard about it before he brought it up. I'm probably just crazy, though.

Zodttd brought the news about it a while ago, but few paid attention or took it seriously since it was so close to the F-200's release (or maybe even a little bit before that).

I wonder if it will run most GP2X binaries directly, or recompilation will still be needed.

This sounds interesting. The rumours say 'This model will be called the F800 and have an 800MHz ARM processor with a 2.8 inch screen. '. If it happens, this could be an alternative for those of us not interested in the Pandora.

GPH power! GPH power!

althrough, why mediaplayer should need 800mhz CPU? maybe it sounds more likely is 2CPUs 400mhz each?

WhizzBang said:
This sounds interesting. The rumours say 'This model will be called the F800 and have an 800MHz ARM processor with a 2.8 inch screen. '. If it happens, this could be an alternative for those of us not interested in the Pandora.
A picture (or two) says a thousand words. :D

Battery_Eater.jpg

po-stamp.gif

Trooper

Edit: OH SHIT I JUST BROKE NDA, IGNORE THIS POST!

WhizzBang said:
Strange. The version I noticed had a 360Mhz processor.

Nova said:
Edit: OH SHIT I JUST BROKE NDA, IGNORE THIS POST!
Looking at your post before you edited it, I wouldn't have said so ;)

Zodttd originally said compatible with current GP2X titles and has 800MHz CPU. I can't think of a single 800MHz ARM CPU.

The only CPU I can think of in that price range is the silverthorne which will be adorning dozens of cheap linux PMPs mid year. A lot of the low end models would be clocked at 600 and 800MHz.

If it is 360MHz, I have no idea. The new MagicEye Pollux system only has a 533MHz CPU. In this case it must be the MMSP2+, which is the CPU Craig was originally considering for the Pandora. It is similar to the GP2X, except with 2 CPUs at 360MHz and 266MHz. This has OpenGL ES 1.1 support that can do 1m triangles per second and 200 megapixels a second.

Anyway, if this is the case. good on them. It would be a good small factor replacement for the GP2X while the Pandora Sounds like it will fit the 300gm plus gaming bracket.

And if Zodttd is correct, maybe they abbandoned the SoC Squidge knows about and are planning something surprising. Which is confusing a lot of facts about it.

TheLonelyGod said:
Squidge said:
The Gp2X-F800 is inferior to the Pandora, but I can't say anything else.
Thats all i wanted to know.
I don't want to buy the inferior product.

Well I don't know what to say about that. To be honest, I really dislike the way the Pandora looks, and the keyboard looks crappy to say the least. Also, I am so done with dual screens. To be honest, didn't even want the touch screen on the F200. It just means it is more delicate of a device now. :(

If it costs less then the Pandora, but can push out enough power to let use do some new stuff, like play PS1 or N64 games at a decent rate, fantastic. If not, then there is no way I would support them. Some other things they really need to work on is the battery issues. Designing the system with a rechargeable battery pack that lasts more then a few hours would give it bonus points in my book.

Right now I will be moving and I just dropped $198.00 on my F200 and a 4GB SD card, so the last thing I want is a new, cooler system coming out I want to buy. :D

I think I'd rather buy from the company that is likely to support their product and provide good customer service. As much as I like GPH for releasing the GP2X, they haven't exactly been helping out the community much...

We'll have to see what happens when Pandora is released...

Back