Gp2x For Life Released

Megagun posted on Sep 15 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
That's the most basic thing, called a Glider..

Advanced Game of Life stuff is pretty damn interesting sometimes, though..

http://pentadecathlon.com/lifenews/

And behold, probably the most advanced Game of Life entity ever:
The 17c/45 Caterpillar Spaceship!
http://www.yucs.org/~gnivasch/life/article_cat/

Yeah that is it the "glider" . This is one of the things that could be added as a "brush" so that you could stamp those around easily. My idea would be to have a hotkey pull up a brush menu that would have gliders, oscillators etc. You would then select the one that you want and you could rotate and stamp around on the screen anywhere.

It would make experimenting much less tedious. You could "snazz up" the graphics by allowing user selectable background colors etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I just want more save spaces, (and also a generation counter, like previously mentioned), I'm creating new things but I just don't have the space for them now (ok, the best i've done is something that alters a gliders direction, but it's fun to experiment)

Edit: And one teency nitpick - could we have the R Menu autoclose after saving? It takes awhile, and it'd be a nice way of knowing when it's finished.

:)

Vynx posted on Sep 16 2006 at 08:44 AM said:
Personally, I just want more save spaces, (and also a generation counter, like previously mentioned), I'm creating new things but I just don't have the space for them now (ok, the best i've done is something that alters a gliders direction, but it's fun to experiment)

Edit: And one teency nitpick - could we have the R Menu autoclose after saving? It takes awhile, and it'd be a nice way of knowing when it's finished.

:)

i like the idea of more save spaces, or maybe if there was a way to save to XML or another sort of file we could exchange, so we could have our own little library, rebuild the classics just once, etc :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back