Gp2x Gpl Faq

jbrodack posted on Feb 17 2006 at 08:01 PM said:
the source is released and we can finally put this issue behind us, im happy.
It's not complete source. By the looks of things, MPlayer and Uboot are missing. It's a start, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
well if thats not included im sure the source to that will be released shortly. this i think is the source for the kernel and im pretty sure they seperated some things because of the divx issue so im guessing the gp2x mplayer source will be coming soon but that they wanted to release what they could as quickly as possible.

still like you said its a start and the beginning of full gpl compliance. plus this is the beginning of a chance for the devs to hack into the system with more efficiency.

It nearly brings a tear to my eye - I'm no expert, but it does appear to be a complete kernel source with all configuration files needed for compiling. I would give it a try but I've yet to get a cross compiler to work. Uboot/Mplayer are missing, but hey, it's a good start.

Hooray!

I think it's an excellent sign that they are providing access to a Subversion repository, rather than just dumping a tarball on us.

It's a very good sign indeed. I don't want to dump on them for this either, it would be wonderful to see cooperation between GPH/Dignsys and the community. I just don't want to see anyone get their hopes too high just yet.

theoddbot posted on Feb 17 2006 at 11:46 PM said:
823K 2006-02-18 14:44 arch/arm/boot/zImage

go hard :)
:huh: I don't see this in the source tree on their site...

EDIT:

Tree of boot:
  • Makefile
  • bootp/
  • compressed/
  • install.sh
  • tools/

I'm waiting for some evidence that this is the total source before I update the FAQ -

Has anyone gotten the released source to compile? Does it compile into something equal to the binary? etc...

DijiTao posted on Feb 18 2006 at 04:51 PM said:
I'm waiting for some evidence that this is the total source before I update the FAQ -

Has anyone gotten the released source to compile? Does it compile into something equal to the binary? etc...
It's the source as far as I know from what people have been saying in the irc channel.

If this does turn out to be 100% all there, then GPH has finnaly taken the right step.

Now all we need is the Mplayer, SDL, uBoot, and any other scripts/libs used.

So let the bugfixing commence! :lol:

Actually I need to make a pretty hefty update reflecting the new situation - haven't the time at the momment thou.

Back