Gp2x Possible Replacement?

DaveC said:
Why should I believe you? Who the hell are you? You make a few shitty games and now you suddenly have the authority to tell me to shut up?
And who are you? A guy who did a d-pad and got the Guru status because of that? A picky guy who is always moaning SNIP? A guy who doesn't know a shit?

Yes, that is you :p

Edited: 30/7/2008 @ 11:59 - Removing unneccessary and unjustified insult - Tobriand

Last edited by a moderator:
Uukrul said:
DaveC said:
Why should I believe you? Who the hell are you? You make a few shitty games and now you suddenly have the authority to tell me to shut up?
And who are you? A guy who did a d-pad and got the Guru status because of that? A picky guy who is always moaning and SNIP? A guy who doesn't know a shit?

A guy who joined up recently and is already being an asshole around here? A guy who likes to jump on the bandwagon and flame to look cool? A guy who doesn't know shit SNIP?

Edited 30/7/2008 @ 12:02 - Removing yet another insult not fit for the forum - Tobriand

wait, what, is dave the new chad?
what the hell is going on.
i dont even care whatsoever anymore.

Guys, please could you stop flaming one another? It's completely off topic. It's insufficiently justified, I think, for here.

So further continuation of it will result in posts being zapped.

I think I may have spoken to these guys via a 3rd party (who spoke chinese) a few months back.

You can email me direct via this forum and we can see where things stand now in regards to the minimum number for mass production etc. as we are still interested in this idea.

GBA was 2.5...Or was it 2.8? Too lazy to check. :p Anyway, no way was it 2".

I am trying to get direct contact with the company, it is pretty hard. I do not think that the mass production thing is a problem, they actually already have a product that is identical hardware wise, but they are planning on making a small upgrade to the controls. I was asked to politely decline the name of the PMP if asked (They are worried that people would lose faith in them if it seemed like they were making blind promises, when they are really just trying to see if people are interested)

However, I think that I will PM craigix, considering that he would be the one distributing it. I also think that he is wise enough to not get their hopes up on a random Chinese company. ;)

EDIT: Edited for politeness.

my bad, i was thinking of the gba micro, the gba has 2.9.
still though, as long as the DPI is high, its not that big of a deal.

Not only is the DPI high, it has another benefit. LTPS screens do not have square pixels, they have ones that are shaped like honeycombs. This makes things look much smoother, even without any filtering.

I am somewhat worried, they have not contacted me yet... All the other times I wrote them, I got an answer within 10 minutes. After I asked about releasing the blackfin libraries... No contact since then. Could just be taking them a while, any reason they would stop talking when asked for the blackfin libraries?

Tbh, 3" is big enough for this sort of device. Some people actually leave the house and would like a portable machine which feels comfortable carried anywhere. We don't all want a PSP brick in our pockets.

Ok, I got a new update.

"We have much of discussion internally about this yesterday. We doesn't have any plan to open source code yet. But it is likely possible in the near future since ADI is working with us now to develop the Blackfin BF547 Applications since July. We hope you are understanding of our descision for business strategy"

I have asked for better clarification, anyone care to decode the engrish?

I think they mean they're not making the device open-source, but it's a possibility for a future Blackfin chipset device.

I gave it my best shot. :lol: (Damn, it's hard to believe I'll be taking Chinese this school year. If they butcher our language this bad, I hate to see what I'll do to theirs!)

DaveC said:

And no, I won't shut up. Maybe I know more about things going on than you think.
Good argument, I lol'ed :lol:
Thats the DaveC spirit!

Quiest said:
Definately what Orkie said, and believe me, he knows what he's talking about.

That's relevant.

You should just shut up, DaveC,
as you really dont (and never have or will) know what you are talking about.
And that's disrespectful flaming. How about some civility, eh? That last sentence served no purpose but to bait DaveC into responding likewise.

Back