Gp2x Reader

TwoHeadedBoy posted on Mar 29 2006 at 07:35 PM said:
Alright, I downloaded it but it won't let me unzip it... Do I just put the zip file on my card?

It won't let you? Elaborate ...

Last edited by a moderator:
An elaboration:

When I click 'extract files', I get this message:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Diablo\Desktop\Flite.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I'm using WinRAR by the way...

TwoHeadedBoy posted on Mar 30 2006 at 01:53 AM said:
An elaboration:

When I click 'extract files', I get this message:

! C:\Documents and Settings\Diablo\Desktop\Flite.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I'm using WinRAR by the way...
The error message is probably telling you the truth.

Try re-downloading. If that doesn't work get 7-zip, that can open pretty much anything.

I zipped it using 7-zip, so it should definitely unzip the same way (though it should also unzip with WinZip and other unzip programs).

Anyway, I can't do much at the moment, as my monitor is busted (I use a laptop for anything non-development). I'll probably be getting an S-Video cable tomorrow so I can hook it up to my TV.

Check the file size if it won't unzip. The server keeps disconnecting all the time, so it could be you didn't get the full thing.

Yep, I downloaded it again and it let me open it this time. Just about to try it out now... Thanks for the help!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, is this not the friendliest community on the whole wide web?

Alright, it's working now (in a sense)...
Except it will only work with readme files (or anything I didn't write myself).
When I ask it (or tell it, I'm not sure on the discourse here) to read my self-made .txt files, it will tell me the location and title of the file, but then send me back to the menu. Any suggestions or similar?

You probably need to format your files in Unix (LF) format. If you're using Windows to make text files, you need to find an editor that will turn the line endings into LF instead of CRLF (Windows format which Flite doesn't like).

nickspoon posted on Mar 30 2006 at 04:04 PM said:
You probably need to format your files in Unix (LF) format. If you're using Windows to make text files, you need to find an editor that will turn the line endings into LF instead of CRLF (Windows format which Flite doesn't like).

Odd ... Using Win2K pro, I just cut 'n pasted some text into a new text document, selected word wrap and saved. It read it fine ...

PokeParadox posted on Mar 30 2006 at 05:57 PM said:
I'm putting together a little app to convert win txt to lin txt... just incidently.

On Windows I use a Notepad replacement called EditpadLite http://www.editpadlite.com/ - it's freeware and is awesome and has an option to convert to/from linux/Windows linefeeds. Might be worth a try. Make sure you download Editpad LITE - the Pro version is shareware, Lite is freeware.

I've been using it for a few years - it's great. It even has tabs (if you are used to Firefox tabs) and it makes any URLs in a text file clickable

Seeing as it's April 1st, I'm going to put up a quick bash script for Flite that I wrote yesterday.

Presenting... The GP2X DaveC emulator! Comes with 6 authentic DaveC phrases and 4 made-up ones!
(Thanks to craigix for the idea)

Download here!

All you have to do is put it in the same directory as Flite and run it from the Utilities menu. It'll say one random DaveC phrase!

NOTE: To anyone who's offended by this, it is intended as a bit of fun and an example to show you how to use Flite.

Uh, you can use dos2unix and unix2dos to convert your files between CR+LF and LF.

Back