Gp2x Repair

bigrbuk

Still Fresh
In the event of bad news regarding my other post...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30664

..does anyone know of anywhere that will repair GP2X's in the UK? I have bought the unit second hand which no doubt will render the warranty useless (if not, please tell me how I get it repaired by GamePark holdings - I dont have any documentation on this).

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it wasnt a good idear to make another thread, but anyway, it sounds like you fried the power regulator, wich is pretty common when useing wrong dc adaptors, gp2x.de will repair it for 10€ +shipping afaik.
You could also ask the guy you bought it from where he has bought it and let him send you the order number/bill so you can get the repair from the shop where it was bought.

sorry for starting a new thread, but I thought this could be a useful bit of information for any other gp2x users experiencing problems.

Thanks for the advice, I've emailed someone at gp2x.de

I have the same problem, is this covered by warranty?

"10-5. Warranty
According to the warranty policy, Gamepark Holdings guarantees the following with regard to the product.

Free service

You can receive consumer service free of charge within one year for any malfunction caused or related to a manufacturing defect.

Free-based Service

You have to pay freight charge, repairing expense, components cost in following cases.

1. After warranty period

2. Within warranty period

Malfunctions caused by user's error or carelessness (dropping, bumping, damage etc).
Damage caused by natural disaster such as fire, earthquake, seawater, flood, pollution, lighting, power surge, etc).
Items that wear out during normal use (batteries, charger, antennas, accessories etc)
Damage caused by storing in improper circumstances such as high temperatures, moistures, germs chemicals etc.
Loss of modified contents of Letter of Warranty
Damage caused by repair or modification in places other than Gamepark Holdings or its official distributors.
Broken device or malfunction due to unqualified parts and components.
Damage caused by unqualified AC adaptor or batteries which has nothing to do with GP2X.

LCD screen & Back light

There is a lifetime in control panel and LCD back light of GP2X. If LCD starts flickering or dims down, call Consumer Services at +82-2-3413-1241.
In general, it could take time to light backlight, or the colors could deteriorate in cold temperature, use it after warming the device. Deteriorated function of backlight due to coldness shall be restored in normal temperature.
A few bad color pixels may exist on LCD screen of the device depending on circumstances. On the other hand, there can be difference in colors and lightness depending on the visual angles. It is due to the characteristics of LCD screen, not malfunction. Let there be no misunderstanding" Gp2x.com

Edit: I don't live in the UK, but in the U.S.A., and does it matter if i bought it from a place that is non existant anymore?(gp32z.com)

Edit: MK1

If you fried the voltage regulator because of using the wrong polarity then no, it is not covered by warranty as it is not a fault caused by the hardware itself but because the user used incorrect equipment.

Damage caused by unqualified AC adaptor or batteries which has nothing to do with GP2X.

I saw that too, i just wanted a second opinion. :(

Edit: atleast it's euro and not pounds(a little cheaper), and a person in U.S.A. that can repair it would be nice.

Back