What's happening with the one nubbers waiting for a repair

asimov-solensan

Very Active Member
I have got a one nubber, witch needed the LCD cable to be repaired, and the only nub working deffective as well, furthermore the touchscreen broke at one point but it was my fault.

I sent it to be repaired (some weeks ago) and from what I can see people waiting for theirs to be repaired (two nubbers) have recieved their's yet with a new board and new nubs.

I understand that one nubbers in a situation like mine should wait more because our nub will be replaced by hand (at least that was what i heard from ED, that they were waiting for a tool to replace nubs). The problem is that lately I have readed from one user that it's not that clear that one nubbers has the one working covered by the warranty.

When I bought mine I was very clear on that point, I wanted a one if they could assure me that the left nub worked, it stopped working after some weeks and now I'm fearing that it won't be replaced.

Is anybody in a similar situation?

Can someone confirm that warranty covers the working "nub"?

Reapirs on the one nubbers will be handled after the first batch assembly finishes? between? Depends on the planetary alignment?

Sorry if the post sounds agressive, it's not my intention. I'm just a bit lost and want to know wat's happening.

I have got a one nubber, witch needed the LCD cable to be repaired, and the only nub working deffective as well, furthermore the touchscreen broke at one point but it was my fault.

I sent it to be repaired (some weeks ago) and from what I can see people waiting for theirs to be repaired (two nubbers) have recieved their's yet with a new board and new nubs.

I understand that one nubbers in a situation like mine should wait more because our nub will be replaced by hand (at least that was what i heard from ED, that they were waiting for a tool to replace nubs). The problem is that lately I have readed from one user that it's not that clear that one nubbers has the one working covered by the warranty.

When I bought mine I was very clear on that point, I wanted a one if they could assure me that the left nub worked, it stopped working after some weeks and now I'm fearing that it won't be replaced.

Is anybody in a similar situation?

Can someone confirm that warranty covers the working "nub"?

Reapirs on the one nubbers will be handled after the first batch assembly finishes? between? Depends on the planetary alignment?

Sorry if the post sounds agressive, it's not my intention. I'm just a bit lost and want to know wat's happening.

Warrenty covers the 1 nub, which is what my warrenty said from them,

Since the nubs are directly soldered to the board they cant just change one nub and since all nubs are now working you should be able to get a brand new one with 2 nubs working if both your nubs have died,

the wait I cannot tell you though.

I wouldn't be too surprised if you don't get an official answer to this. I've already seen a lot of questions regarding broken nubs, no matter if the unit was sold as an one nubber or not, just fading into the nowhere without getting attention. Infact I haven't seen any of them getting answered since ED announced, that he is in contact with a tool-company, what was in early december. Which is pretty odd, if you consider that the whole production was stopped for ages because of those failing nubs.

Well, I have my own evil thoughts why it is so, but I think I would get killed if I shared them... On the other side, those guys have a lot to do and maybe just no time to answer questions like this, but other questions get answers, too. I'm in the same boat and I guess there is no help but waiting until you get a repaired unit.

Maybe try a post in the support section...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be too surprised if you don't get an official answer to this. I've already seen a lot of questions regarding broken nubs, no matter if the unit was sold as an one nubber or not, just fading into the nowhere without getting attention. Infact I haven't seen any of them getting answered since ED announced, that he is in contact with a tool-company, what was in early december. Which is pretty odd, if you consider that the whole production was stopped for ages because of those failing nubs.

Well, I have my own evil thoughts why it is so, but I think I would get killed if I shared them... On the other side, those guys have a lot to do and maybe just no time to answer questions like this, but other questions get answers, too. I'm in the same boat and I guess there is no help but waiting until you get a repaired unit.

Maybe try a post in the support section...

Your words are a bit discouraging, may I ask when and where you sent it? I did it around november 15 to craig's place.

I don't know if it's worth to send a mail asking, they should be focused on the new units.

Anyway if I get any news about all this I will let you know.

You shouldn't take me too serious, maybe I see clouds where the sky is blue. Indeed, I hope I do.

Anyway, my unit was reported to be arrived at ED on 18 December. And I just want to know whats about to happen...

Your words are a bit discouraging, may I ask when and where you sent it? I did it around november 15 to craig's place.

I don't know if it's worth to send a mail asking, they should be focused on the new units.

Anyway if I get any news about all this I will let you know.
They were waiting for the new analogue nubs to be ready before they could repair any faulty nubs.Mine is in for repairs too.Now they can repair them or you may just end up getting a new pandora replacement as some people have already. :)

Back