Gp2x Review

Good luck Whisk.
Not easy to keep a site like that upto date, with all the other crap that people have to do in life. The GP2X really needs a review site though, as most people don't have the time to try out all the new programs either.
I'll be looking forward to reading some reviews :D

What are yalls view on youtube videos? I could put up videos of apps running on my 2x? Also it would be much apreciated if I could get some comments going on my reviews. =)

What are yalls view on youtube videos? I could put up videos of apps running on my 2x? Also it would be much apreciated if I could get some comments going on my reviews. =)

Go for it. Youtube videos are great, just make it so that they don't start unless the user clicks the play button (which may be the default, I don't recall).

saehn

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck. I'll add a link on Gameparknewbie. :)

One thing I instantly notice, however, is you have to standardize your rating system. You can't give an A+ to one program and then a 7/10 to the next. :p

Yeh.. A+ to F- is too much like being back at school & 5 star ratings don't ever seem to give enough room for marking.

You going to split the rating system up e.g.
Graphics- 8/10
Sound- 7/10
Gameplay- 9/10
Total- 8/10
or you just giving the overall mark?

Not really important I suppose, just interested :)

Yeh.. A+ to F- is too much like being back at school & 5 star ratings don't ever seem to give enough room for marking.

You going to split the rating system up e.g.
Graphics- 8/10
Sound- 7/10
Gameplay- 9/10
Total- 8/10
or you just giving the overall mark?

Not really important I suppose, just interested :)

I was thinking about splitting but many games and emus lack audio so I think and overall mark will be better, not to mention I will be reviewing utilities that dont have gameplay. :D

Also I know I may be getting a bit ahead of myself considering that at this point I am just trying to get the site going. But what do you guys think about having a podcast? I think it would be cool to boot up old skype and have some guest interviews and just too summarize whats happened in the past week (or month).

Wow, great idea! One thing though, it would be nice if you provided download links for whatever you review. I saw your review for the mp3 player and I wanted to go download it, but I had to go find it on the archive.

Also I know I may be getting a bit ahead of myself considering that at this point I am just trying to get the site going. But what do you guys think about having a podcast?

Eh, I think you should just stick with your core concept (text reviews) for now and not branch out too much. I can imagine that you're excited, but I say that it's better to create a solid foundation and then build off of that.

Podcasting is too trendy for me, but what the hey. I'd rather read something than have it piped into my brain. Same reason I don't watch TV news. Or TV. Do whatever you think is best, it's your blog.

saehn

Eh, I think you should just stick with your core concept (text reviews) for now and not branch out too much. I can imagine that you're excited, but I say that it's better to create a solid foundation and then build off of that.

Podcasting is too trendy for me, but what the hey. I'd rather read something than have it piped into my brain. Same reason I don't watch TV news. Or TV. Do whatever you think is best, it's your blog.

saehn
Ok, ok, we will call it a 2xcast (to get rid of trendiness.) :p Oh and it shall be in .ogg format!

But on a more serious note your probably right. Maybe later a 2xcast will be good but for now I should probably create a solid foundation. ;)

It would be nice if you provided download links for whatever you review.
Oops. I was meaning to do that. Thanks for pointing it out. I have fixed it and I will continue to do that from now on.

A podcast would be really cool. Sometimes I'm too busy to stay completely up to date with the new stuff for 2X, but with a podcast I could just sync my iPod and listen away from home! Also, you should consider letting other people help out with the site by submitting reviews and stuff like that, that way there could be more content for the site.

Ok, ok, we will call it a 2xcast (to get rid of trendiness.)
I never understood why it's called a podcast when you just record your voice and put an Mp3 on the net. People have been doing that for years, it's not a form of broadcasting and it's not iPod specific, the name is nonsensical. It's basically just 'recorded internet radio'...

Oh and it shall be in .ogg format!
Bravo. :) If you keep the bitrate appropriate for the content, e.g. 64kbits/sec or lower, it should be downright tiny.

I never understood why it's called a podcast when you just record your voice and put an Mp3 on the net. People have been doing that for years, it's not a form of broadcasting and it's not iPod specific, the name is nonsensical. It's basically just 'recorded internet radio'...

Marketing. Apple is very, very good at appealing to their target (albeit niche) audience. I essentially agree with you, though.

saehn

Back