Gp2x Sometimes Freeze After Transferring Data Via Usb

Alghazanth

After I've done transferring data such as images,roms etc to my Gp2x using the usb connection ; the X button sometimes doesn't work properly and screen stays that way and nothing works except resetting it.I always pay attention to do it after the data transfer has been finished; so it can't be the problem I think.Is this a known issue?
My GP2X has arrived yesterday and firmware version is 3.0 .Haven't done anything except running emulators I got from official site such as pocketsnes and gpfce and viewing some manga.
Thanks for any feedback

Alghazanth said:
After I've done transferring data such as images,roms etc to my Gp2x using the usb connection ; the X button sometimes doesn't work properly and screen stays that way and nothing works except resetting it.
The same thing happened to me when I first received my GP2X, it only happened when I was using the default menu system though, when I started using Gmenu2X the problem stopped occuring.

So in short try using Gmenu2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same issue here... only happened when trying to upload bigger files... i noticed filesizes >= 1 mb were a problem.

Workaround: RNDIS driver + FTP transfers ... even slower but reliable.

Thanks everybody for the quick replies.I installed gmenu2x and now the problems seems to have gone away, also it is really a very useful interface
There are sure lots of treasures to be found and experienced in gp2x ^^

I am sometimes having the same problem, my GP2X only arrived the other day. I will have to give gmenu2x a try.

Back