Gp2x Stuck On Green Screen!

Treponema

Still Fresh
I really need some help here. I just got my new GP2X oday from Lik-sang, and when I turn it on it first goes to a grey diagonal screen, then in a few seconds it goes to a green/yellow screen that says “Loading GP2X” and has the firmware ver as 1.2.1. And here it stays… forever. I have tried booting it >10 times, and I have left it for more then 10 minutes and it just stays at the green screen. I have tried 3 different sets of batteries, and I don’t have any SD cards installed, and I have no idea what to do. Has anyone had this problem before? Would re-flashing the firmware fix anything??

Thanks for any ideas!

Trep

It seems like it's DOA. Send it back; it should boot even without an SD card inserted.

Treponema posted on Feb 14 2006 at 04:35 AM said:
I really need some help here. I just got my new GP2X oday from Lik-sang, and when I turn it on it first goes to a grey diagonal screen, then in a few seconds it goes to a green/yellow screen that says “Loading GP2X” and has the firmware ver as 1.2.1. And here it stays… forever. I have tried booting it >10 times, and I have left it for more then 10 minutes and it just stays at the green screen. I have tried 3 different sets of batteries, and I don’t have any SD cards installed, and I have no idea what to do. Has anyone had this problem before? Would re-flashing the firmware fix anything??

Thanks for any ideas!

Trep

For 99 percent filesystem on the internal flash memory got corrupted. It can be remedied by reflasing it.

You can read how to fix it here.

And yes - it is (was?) quite common but with newer firmwares it doesn't happen as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this problem using an SD card the GP2X didn't like, try booting without the SD card in. If that works you'll need to try another card!

Back