Gp2x Successor

Even if a GP3x would be released in a couple of month. There will be a long time before you can use as much as the GP2x. Because there need to be developed some programs first.

I agree being the genre that these devices are even if the GP3x came out tomorrow it would be a while before you would have any new developed applications for it. Like all bleeding edge products you would have to live through a usually painful growing process.

And on top of that you would need to wait for the best developers to actually own one before they could start development which could also take a while.

The GP2x in my option is probably just starting to mature, in fact I am sure it is still a ways from reaching its maximum performance potential as it seems the developers continue to find better more efficient ways to get things done.

On the other hand... I have only been on this forum a few weeks... and owned a GP2x for about the same amount of time... so what does a noob like me know.

:blink:

If the gp3x could emulate a psx SNES perfectly , i think i would spontaneously combust ....

I don't really see another company getting into this niche market. GHP seems to be doing ok to this point but not by anything they have done. IMHO the reason they have been able to succeed is due to the work of the developers and the community that supports it. Without sites like this... they would have closed up shop a long time ago.

This device does not compete with the mainstream and lives on the boundaries only to be found by a small very special niche group of users. I am sure many people who have come across articles about the GP32 or GP2x simply browse it and pass it by not really understanding what it is or care.

I am sure that GHP understands the fact that they cater to small unique market and are in no hurry to rush new devices out. When they do it will be a significant upgrade that will compel current users to feel they need it, and even then new users will be slow to get on board until the software catches up with the new hardware.

Mainsteam devices are sold by marketing (flash and glitz)... niche devices like this are sold more on substance. Like I said if you are here you are a special breed.

Ripster said:
I am sure that GHP understands the fact that they cater to small unique market and are in no hurry to rush new devices out. When they do it will be a significant upgrade that will compel current users to feel they need it, and even then new users will be slow to get on board until the software catches up with the new hardware.
I don't think they understand anything about what the GP2X is used for ... the GP3X is likely going to be some sort of cellphone/toaster hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
before gp3x we need more Devs, Coders and overall grapphic talents for the GP2X I think. When I look on the (crappy) mobilephone market and see how many polished looking games exist even there, I'm sure there are much more talents out there who would like to prove their skillz on such an amazing machine like the GP2X.
Problem is, nearly noone knows about our Handheld out there. With more publicity, maybe the right coder here would find his needed graphic talent or vice versa. But without more People knows the GP2X we will never know. ^^""""

TelcoLou said:
I don't think they understand anything about what the GP2X is used for ... the GP3X is likely going to be some sort of cellphone/toaster hybrid.
I don't think they understand anything about what the GP2X is used for ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back