Gp2x Usb Problem

this has been discussed before but its cool, I'll try to help ya out asm uch as I can.
It's happened to alot of people, it could be your usb cable you got with the gp2x, or if you have usb 2.0 slots then it usually don't read it (least it dont for me) You should get a card reader/ and a sd card, it'll save you the hassle.

Try installing "USB monitor" utility. It helped for my winxp sp2. You must execute this utility, create new session, monitoring "standart extended hub" and then connect gp2x in menu. It works fine for me. Only sometimes it recognizes at sencond try.

Try installing "USB monitor" utility. It helped for my winxp sp2. You must execute this utility, create new session, monitoring "standart extended hub" and then connect gp2x in menu. It works fine for me. Only sometimes it recognizes at sencond try.

but your xp detects your gp2x as what after this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you've run the serial driver setup script, you should get something like 'USB Serial Gadget'. It'll then look for drivers. If you've followed the readme correctly, you should have a gserial.inf and a usbser.sys in one folder (if you can't find usbser.sys on your harddrive, download it from the web). Point the device setup wizard at gserial.inf and it should all work. If it doesn't, and you're using USB 2.0 ports, try using a 1.1 hub.

Back