Gp2x User Guide V1.2

vic20-ian - i think the wiki guide uses an older version of the SDL libs. ill check it out. i have rewritten the setup guide in the next release so its a bit easier to follow.

gizbot -
1. Thanks :)

2. The link to the latest version can be found on the last page, but its no problem to add a link on the first page so i will do that in the next release.

3. USB is dodgy for alot of people due to the firmware. nothing i can do about that unfortunately.

4. ill update the link or provide the navigation, if i remember right i used this link because some PDF readers wont follow links that are different to the text and the url was quite long.

5. main reason why i didnt want it as a pdf download is that browsers usually open the pdf in the browser instead of downloading it to your pc. that really annoys me when it happens to me as it usually takes ages to load and slows down the browser until its finished loading. what i could do is use zip instead of rar, everyone has zip :)

BTW: I have been working on version 1.3 of the user guide and its coming along nicely, got loads of new info and useful stuff. i am just waiting for version 1.3 firmware to be released then i will update the guide for the new changes and release it. also its now ready for the translators to translate, had problems with the current release of the user guide but its all fixed now so ill wait for v1.3 to give to the translators.

3. USB is dodgy for alot of people due to the firmware. nothing i can do about that unfortunately.
I agree it is a pain. At least mention the 'you may need to use an SD card reader if you cannot resolve the problem'

5. main reason why i didnt want it as a pdf download is that browsers usually open the pdf in the browser instead of downloading it to your pc. that really annoys me when it happens to me as it usually takes ages to load and slows down the browser until its finished loading. what i could do is use zip instead of rar, everyone has zip :)
Cool! Maybe two links? Links are cheap. :)

BTW: I have been working on version 1.3 of the user guide and its coming along nicely, got loads of new info and useful stuff. i am just waiting for version 1.3 firmware to be released then i will update the guide for the new changes and release it. also its now ready for the translators to translate, had problems with the current release of the user guide but its all fixed now so ill wait for v1.3 to give to the translators.
Wow! Most excellent! :) :)

Thanks again for the fast response, :)

Gizbot

Last edited by a moderator:
Back