Gp2x User Guide V2.1.0

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
I have updated the GP2X User Guide to version 2.1.0, amongst the changes are a redesigned layout of the guide which looks a bit nicer (I hope) and a new firmware update guide which now has two seperate sections for updating to v2.0.0 and to v2.1.0 as they are slightly different. The guide has also been updated with the new features found in firmware v2.1.0 and two new sections have been added, one for GP2X Menu Skins and the second for the Breakout Board. Finally I have updated the development introduction section with a new setup I created. More information on this is in the other news posted just a couple of posts below.

You can download the latest version of the GP2X User Guide via the GP2X Archive here. Feel free to reply back with any suggestions for further sections or mistakes etc. Note to mods: I posted this in the GP32 news by accident so I deleted the post and posted again in the GP2X news.

Thank you. I have been making a skin for 2.1.0 using the gp2xskin maker, but I didn't know the alternative controls to navigate. Thanks again for this guide. Every gp2x should ship with this guide (does craig ship a copy with each?)

i think one or two of the sellers include it on their cd? judging by the number of downloads (nearly 25,000) i think its mostly being linked to on websites or order emails etc.

im glad you like the guide. i will update the gp2x skinmaker guide later in the week with some more information on creating skins, especially on the ini files. someone posted some useful info here yesterday so i will include this as well. i will also be updating the bob section with some more information.

The only thing I dont know about the skin file ini files is the modifier thing under the credits.ini. I think its for who modified another skin, but it doesn't show in the credits page, so I think its something else. Hmm...

PSyMastR posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:50 AM said:
Thank you. I have been making a skin for 2.1.0 using the gp2xskin maker, but I didn't know the alternative controls to navigate. Thanks again for this guide. Every gp2x should ship with this guide (does craig ship a copy with each?)
See http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=32804 you have all control less the Vol+/- i don't find them ^^

Guyfawkes can you send me the .doc file of your user guide to do a french translation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the screenshots seem to out of date e.g. figure 3 (Page 19) doesn't have the "ID3 Tag" indicator and figure 2 (page 9) is the old settings menu

Edit: Forgot to say - I like the new format.

Yod4z - I can send you the doc after the next release when everything has been finished, it will save you time translating any changes I make between now and the next release. can you remind me after the next release because I know I will forget!

Parkydr - thanks for letting me know, i will go over it all for the next release and have all the info and pictures upto date.

:D no prob, you forget the last time i reminded you for the 2.0 ;)

Back