Gp2xpectrum 1.3b2

Metalbrain

Still Fresh
Another version:
http://www.speccy.org/metalbrain/GP2Xpectrum1.3b2.zip

What's new:
- GnoStiC added USB joystick support.
- Fixed flags behaviour for block I/O instructions (INI,INIR,IND,INDR,OUTI,OTIR,OUTD,OTDR)
- Fixed a little speed problem: it was starting always at 166MHz, not taking in
consideration its config file.

BTW:
- I've noticed that Squidge's hack produces an ugly effect when the virtual keyboard is shown, I'll try to fix that for the next version.
- I've also noticed that No Frameskip mode produces a cleaner sound, so there's another reason to expend the extra power apart from the graphics effects of a few games.

weirdocollector posted on Sep 19 2006 at 11:06 AM said:
Thanks a lot !!

Why this guy isn't a GURU yet ? :huh:

Because Guru shouldn't be about writing cool emulators... It should be about being knowledgeable and helping people on the boards, etc...
There was talk of another title, for people who have shown some funky coding ability and released "must have" applications... but nothing has become of this accolade as far as I'm aware.

And I'll be trying out this USB joystick support soon enough ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
noticed that "ugly effect" .. not that ugly after all ..
great job .. support for TRDos and SCL/TRD files in the future releases?

euro48k posted on Sep 19 2006 at 11:04 PM said:
support for TRDos and SCL/TRD files in the future releases?

Sorry, I don't think so, at least in the near future. For the next releases I'd try to improve accuracy and tape support.

drokkeh posted on Sep 21 2006 at 08:56 PM said:
*ps* i like your pic from 80's kids show 'trapdoor' :) I am old enough to remember it.

I never saw that show, since it was never aired in Spain. We spanish users didn't know if Don Prestley made an original game, or it was based on a comic or cartoon until we were told about a web site where we saw some captures (and the video of the opening) of the plasticine (kinda like Pingu) TV show. That was in year 2002. Anyway, I always loved the character from the game (and the game itself) and thats why I chose it as my avatar.

Back