Gp2xpectrum 1.2b4 Released

Metalbrain

Still Fresh
While investigating the abnormal high speed of Manic Miner, I found a quite ugly bug that made all repeat instructions (LDIR,LDDR,CPIR,CPDR,INDR,INIR,OTIR,OTDR) execute 8 t-states faster than they should. I've fixed it and you can find the new version here:

http://www.speccy.org/metalbrain/GP2Xpectrum1.2b4.zip

The most visible improvement that I've noticed is the lack of glitches in North Star, but I'm sure other games may have improved too. Too bad Manic Miner is still too fast...

Excellent news, this will be my first download when I make my GP2x purchase! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for this, it seemed a bit odd having a Spectrum emulator that couldn't do Manic Miner properly. Can you tell us what you have planned for the future? Would like any suggestions?

Was all of manic miner going too fast, I thought it was just the clock and music. oh well I feel prouder now for having finished it if it's faster - but OMG the power generator room is a mad race against time. Cant wait to check out this new version. Thanks :)

Excellent. Its really good to see this emu getting a few updates. Is there any chance of someone fixing the 128k sound issue?

garethp1745 posted on Aug 30 2006 at 01:30 PM said:
thanks love my speccy games check out this site for some tips on great games for those who have not experienced rubber love....

http://www.therubberbeermat.co.uk/

Gareth

Haven't come across that web-site before but interesting - and some unusual choices in their top 100.

MetalBrain - haven't downloaded the newest version but will this w/e - thanks for you work on this. Speccy is my all time favourite machine. And Chuckie Egg is sadly probably my favorite game.... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
subcon959 posted on Aug 30 2006 at 10:57 PM said:
Chuckie Egg is my favourite game of all time too, does that make me sad? :p (It's got to be the Beeb version though!)

Extremely sad to prefer the Beeb version... :p Didn't you know all the cool kids had a Speccie ?

andyB911 posted on Sep 1 2006 at 08:50 PM said:
subcon959 posted on Aug 30 2006 at 10:57 PM said:
Chuckie Egg is my favourite game of all time too, does that make me sad? :p (It's got to be the Beeb version though!)

Extremely sad to prefer the Beeb version... :p Didn't you know all the cool kids had a Speccie ?
Also, there was a thing in Edge a long while back about the making of Chuckie egg and it said that the Spectrum version was the original version and the Beeb version was a very well done port, but I think the Beeb version ended up coming out first.

Back