Gp2xpectrum 1.2b5 Released

Metalbrain

Still Fresh
Ok, less than a day, and here I strike again:
http://www.speccy.org/metalbrain/GP2Xpectrum1.2b5.zip

Changes:
- I've enabled the memory contention emulation, and now Manic Miner is still too fast, but just a little bit, not a lot like before. The rainbow effects in Zynaps and Uridium now show properly, and the border change in Aquaplane is nearer its correct place, though still not perfect.
- Framerate has been changed from 25fps to 50fps, to show the fast changing colour effect in Aquaplane mountains. To achieve this I needed to increase the CPU speed from 133 to 175MHz.

Nice :)

Can't seem to get Xeno (aka "the best spectrum game in existence") to run, though... :unsure:

Moxie posted on Aug 31 2006 at 01:14 PM said:
Nice :)

Can't seem to get Xeno (aka "the best spectrum game in existence") to run, though... :unsure:

The TZX loading routine is incomplete, and doesn't seem to load the original release from WoS, but if you make a .z80 snapshot with another emulator, it does work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! Xeno-on-the-go!

Just to keep being a pest: How does it handle multiloads? As in, say, just as an example, Laser Squad? :)

(Not to say "You should make this work, dammit!", just wondering if it works and if I missed something)

Moxie posted on Sep 4 2006 at 10:44 AM said:
Just to keep being a pest: How does it handle multiloads? As in, say, just as an example, Laser Squad? :)

(Not to say "You should make this work, dammit!", just wondering if it works and if I missed something)

I haven't looked at it yet, but it will be the next thing I'll do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back