Gp32 3d Engine

wager1

Still Fresh
I was just watching a video of the 3D engine in action and i have to say it looks very impressive!

Why was this engine made? Is it going to be used to create games?

there are two versions available, both for developers wanting to make games: a free one and a commercial one. the commercial one has more features (like MD2 model support).

Well, the 3D engine itself is either available if you search previous news items here, or at GP32news, or GP32Spain. If you're after the commercial one, though, you'll need to contact either ThunderZ or the guy who made it in the first place (I'm not sure which) about getting first a license, and then the code in the first place. But it is a 3D *engine* in C; to make something with it, you have to compile the code, so I suspect it isn't of a massive ammount of use except to developers...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, the gp32 version comes with a level editor that lets you create your own levels, it doesn't seem that hard to use at all, but it seemed to me, that if someone was so inclined, they could make a few cool levels, and release them for the engine on the gp32.

Well, it seems to me that a little more coding could make a new game, and from a new game comes a whole lot of fun, just like at doom. One game, tons of levels and new add on levels. If one new game is created, we can add new levels to it with the level editor.

The lack of MD2 support in the basic version has hampered game development in the long run. Im' not sure anyone has actualy payed for the full version yet. though I could be wrong.

Back