Gp32 - A Mp3 Card Player

Gorillazero

sup? I've been thinking of setting up my Gp32 as a mountable mp3 player in my car. www.si-5.com has a sweet ass toy that allows u to send data from ur music device to ur radio to play ur music (this is helpful for all of us who don't have Cassette decks anymore). I'm going to velcro-it to the dash (i have an empty space, that yells put me there damn it), It's gonna be cool. Now i just have to create my own Ogg player (better then what's out). Whatta think...

Also, i dun know if a gp32 can sit outside, I live in Michigan it's freakin cold (-15 windchill factor, 8degrees) But the velcro can make it come with me.

-Matt

lol im from toronto and my gp32 neevr leaves my pocket.. friggin -20 weather plus -10 windchill(in celcius) and gp functions fine... other than my broken front light... coinsidense? :blink:

One myth I would like to dispel here - using a car adapter for the GP32. I have become so apathetic that I had my GP32 connected with it's power button always on. When the car started, the GP32 started. When I put the car in full shutdown, so did the GP32. I've never had any power-related problems with my GP32 for the 6-odd months I've been treating it in this hap-hazard way, ever since I saw that it seems to only accept one type of power signal at one time. Once I pull that plug from the car adapter out of the GP32, if the power switch is on, then the GP32 will NOT automtically turn on. You need to turn it off, then back on. In laymans terms, the GP32 will only use the batteries as a "last resort", and prefers direct current.

So don't worry about any type of power issues other then finding the right polarity.

what part of MI are you from its rare to find another gp32er in the US let alone the same state.

With only 128MB of storage space, it's gonna be some rubbish in-car MP3 player. Just get a head unit that plays MP3 CDs. I can fit about 100-150 MP3 tracks on one disc that way! There is also blaupunkt head unit that takes some ford of flash memory (SD i think) as well as CDs. :)

plymouth-Canton Michigan. Wanye County.

Yea, i wanted it because I think it would look cool, plus i dun feel like buying a Mp3 HD formy car, or a new face deck (mines a 2001 Kennwood, awesome)

-Matt

I've tried connecting both my gp32 and philips expanium mp3 player to the 15yrs?? old cassette deck in my just as old car. Sounds quite ok considering the crappy amp & speakers as long as you use some decent cassette-cable thingy.

I apologise, I was abit harsh about Kenwood... It's a solid brand. But not "awesome" by any stretch.

For head units, I favour Alpine and Nakamichi.

Hahaha. Shut up... <_< Anyway for a Kid in high school its a good radio / cd player... i guess sarcasm is lost on a forum. I go to high school.

Angrypants WTF is that a picture of? I want to guess...

-Matt

Back