Lowest Temperature A Gp32 Can Tolerate?

cozmic posted on Oct 9 2005 at 10:52 AM said:
I took it to -15 celcius (you do the maths) When skiing.

Weird thing is:

The gp32 mp3 player is NOT shock proof.

We i went fast on a very bumpy slope, the sound stuttered!!!

Weird..
the speakers arent!

Last edited by a moderator:
rabbits with hats posted on Oct 8 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
I hear if you put your gp32 in a freezer it overclocks higher ;)

I hear that if you put your GP32 in a freezer it gets f**ked.

:p

Condensation ahoy!

Gamepark Holdings: With our engrish tecnicans we maked gp2x which we liek call gpx2 even though slicing law like cold knife through rock! it magic not hurt by cold oor water it breath your lungs out!

rabbits with hats posted on Oct 8 2005 at 11:07 PM said:
I hear if you put your gp32 in a freezer it overclocks higher ;)
But only for a few minutes after pulling it out, as this only occurs when its very cold (just ask ste_167). Then, after you're done playing, quickly throw it into the microwave (once again, a helpful hint from ste_167). :lol:

We had 35°C two days ago. No I didn't leave out the minus. Only ever been in below freezing once or twice, and that was about -6°C or so up in the mountains. Usually never gets below 5°C here in the middle of winter.

cozmic posted on Oct 9 2005 at 09:52 AM said:
I took it to -15 celcius (you do the maths) When skiing.

Weird thing is:

The gp32 mp3 player is NOT shock proof.

We i went fast on a very bumpy slope, the sound stuttered!!!

Weird..

Weird? No, the headphone wire probably moved a bit causing it to lose connection momentarily or the batteries moved a little.

I had mine while queuing for Lord of the Rings, used it for a few days in subzero degrees (Celsius) (< 32°F) and it worked fine. Was just a bit annoying to play with gloves on :)

sam fisher posted on Oct 9 2005 at 06:32 PM said:
Gamepark Holdings: With our engrish tecnicans we maked gp2x which we liek call gpx2 even though slicing law like cold knife through rock! it magic not hurt by cold oor water it breath your lungs out!
You even looked at the site? Most of it's in perfect english!

The only thing youll have to worry about is the LCD. The rest can goto very low. Computers (And most electronics) perform much better in the cold, but display's tend to stop working...

Back