Gp32 At Ovge 2006

Flack

This year I was an exhibitor at the 4th annual Oklahoma Videogame Exhibition (OVGE). Since I was pushing my new book Commodork, I decided to go with a full-on Commodore theme. At my front table I had three different items hooked up and running: an SX-64 (which was a portable Commodore 64), my laptop running WinVice (a C64 emulator), and of course my GP32 running FRODO!

It was amazing to me how many people still haven't seen or messed with a GP32. Most of the people said they had never seen one in person before and quite a few said they had never even heard of one. I showed of Frodo quite a bit along with several of the other games I had installed (Pinball Illusions was a popular choice for many).

I had a few people even offer to buy mine. I had to tell more than one person that it wasn't for sale -- although I probably should have sold it and upgraded to the 2x. :)

Great to hear the the old 32 is still turning heads. :) I have yet to try running a C64 emulator on the 2X, but I think it's about time I give Vice a try. As for your book, it sounds like a decent read, I may get it sometime in the foreseeable future. :)

- Alex

cozmic posted on Aug 22 2006 at 04:58 PM said:
ok cool, but pinball illusions for the c64??

I ended up loading Pinball Illusions in the afternoon on the GP32 instead of Frodo, as it was much easier for people to walk up and play. Frodo in general just seemed to confuse people. I had a few printed signs out explaining that everything on display played C64 software, so I think people "got it".

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone who's been waiting, I just got in a new shipment of books. Click the banner in my sig for ordering information.

Also, I will be selling and signing books at the ECCC Chicago Expo this September 30, 2006. I will once again have the GP32 on display, so if you would like to stop by and say hey, come find me!

Grr, I wish that was closer to Chicago. Even though I'm not too familiar with the C64, I would have gone just for the hell of it.

Back