Gp32 Blu Screen Too Dark

ejoy

Still Fresh
Hi,
Just got my BLU+ today. Still installing programs...
I notice the backlight is very dim (or dark), compared to my pda :huh: ..., which is indeed very uncomfortable.
Is it normal for a BLU unit?
I tried to turn off the backlight, but the screen is barely visible with light off.

Also can anyone tell me how to make the gp32 looks like a usb disk under windows XP?

Thanks,
ejoy

ejoy posted on Dec 12 2005 at 12:06 PM said:
Hi,
I notice the backlight is very dim (or dark), compared to my pda :huh: ..., which is indeed very uncomfortable.
I tried to turn off the backlight, but the screen is barely visible with light off.

Also can anyone tell me how to make the gp32 looks like a usb disk under windows XP?

Thanks,
ejoy

That depends on your firmware. I'd recommend slubman's or the like. It will show up as a drive for you to copy and paste to.

Last edited by a moderator:
reaper79 posted on Dec 12 2005 at 05:22 PM said:
ejoy posted on Dec 12 2005 at 12:06 PM said:
Hi,

Thanks,
ejoy

That depends on your firmware. I'd recommend slubman's or the like. It will show up as a drive for you to copy and paste to.

Just flashed to slubman's rom.
usb driver works, excellent!

The nice thing about GP32 scene is that problem gets solved in minutes!

Many thanks! I'm now playing with little john, what an awesome piece of software!
cheers,

ejoy

Sorry but I now have a new problem:
With the new FW, each time I reboot the unit little john starts automatically. The only way to go to the firmware menu is to remove the smc card and reboot. But I can not copy files without a smc card, right?

edited: sorry I just find the solution from the readme file of the FW.

boot the F/w without the card and press select you should get menu turn off autorun and boot.fxe, that should solve it.

I am using the European firmware as well. Alternate firmwares were only useful when the GP32s shipped with the old kiddie firmware. For USB transfer, use GPDrive - it's a life saver :)

Always thought the Euro firmware was not only fine light wise but very slick looking too...

Hey,
I just flashed back to euro firmware too. Slubman's firmware is great but sometimes it hangs when quitting from little john or drmd. euro firmware is slow but does not has this problem. I think the backlight is ok but it's the screen covers the lcd that makes the unit look dark (to be confirmed).

ejoy posted on Dec 14 2005 at 11:54 AM said:
I think the backlight is ok but it's the screen covers the lcd that makes the unit look dark (to be confirmed).

The plastic cover over the LCD actually has a strange yellowish tint to it. Some people have fixed this by replacing it with a clear glass one - plus this has the advantage of making it scratch proof. Pea's site has a couple of good guides:

http://www.pea.co.nz/gp32/mods.php#glasssafe

Check DaveC's picture out in this post, it's really quite a noticeable tint:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...%20screen&st=15

Back