GP32/Dreamcast link cable at Games Convention

JDUK

Website
Visit site
Some hard core DreamCast fans have aranged to be at the German Games Convention and are promising an exculsive unveilng of a GP32 to DC link cable (what it wil be good for is any ones guess). Though they seem very keen on getting intrest in thier stall drummed up. So if any any GP32X officals could get in contact with them they might give us some exlusive info to get forum members intrested in thier GP project & stall ?

check out the posts at http://www.consolevision.com/forums/YaBB.c...;num=1057160831
&
http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=36214

Sory if this has already been posted.

they compare it with the NGPC->DC cable, for sharing information betwen games that support it.

I'd Guess some homebrew games may support it
The DC homebrew comunity is suposedly quite large. I've just recently been getting back into my DC and think the porspect is quite intresting. I'm guessing they will have something to demonstrate the link up working as a gp just cabled up to a DC with nothing to show but a botch job cable splice isnt going to impress any one, which is why id like to some one high up here to get in touch with them for a little insider info to see if its worth going to

NGPC emulator, anyone? I know there weren't many games that supported the link, but there were some. And they could be played to the full extent with this, assuming Thunderz could work out the code to interface it :)

Sounds kind of useless to me. The DC scene has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

kram posted on Jul 29 2003 said:
Sounds kind of useless to me. The DC scene has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
Which is exactly why now is the best time to get one :D I won one on Ebay a few days ago for $27 with 2 controllers and a memory card.

The DC may be commercially dead, but the homebrew and emu scene is at least as active as this one. There's TONS of interesting DC stuff out there. If there were one or 2 decent games/programs that used this link cable, I'd buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grats on getting a cheap DC Chip there are a load of class games out there: Sega Sports Tennis, Ikaruga, Street Fighter 3, Guilty Gear X,Marvel V Capcom 2, Head Hunter(Pal only), Skys of Arkadia to name just a hand full of amazing games (well the ones im playing atm anyway ;) )

I've actualy been playing my DC more than any other console over the past couple of weeks, my GP is feeling neglected :)

I'm pretty psyched myself. I'm in the process of acquiring several of the games you mentioned, and I'm particularly interested in Skies of Arcadia.

Have you played (or even heard of) a game called Illbleed? I saw a review for it which touted it as the best horror game out there. I'm just wondering if the reviewer ever played Silent Hill, because I'm not sure how a game could be creepier than that.

Illbleed rocks

its not as creepy as the silent hill games, but it will make yer jump ;)

does to me anyway heheheh

I love my dreamcast, i even shelled out on a coders cable for it, although i could never be bothered to do anything with it as i do most of my coding on a laptop and it doesnt have a 9pin serial port B)

Forget skies of arcadia, Grandia II is my favourite RPG ever (With the possible exception of the zelda series).

Either way, its awesome so snap it up ASAP!

DC is still brilliant. I hope some of the Emu's suport it. I don't care if any games do. It would be great to play my snes RPG's on the train, then come home and send the data over a cable to the DC snes emu, and carry on playing on the big screen :)

I got Skies of Arcadia for my Gamecube, and i think that the two versions are basically the same, except for some discoveries on the GC and this woman who you have to keep fighting (Piastole).
Its an okay game.

My DreamCast VGA box came today and it looks freaking amazing, apparently (though im to savvy when it comes to DC) theDC is the only console that suports true VGA compatabiliity without relying on scandoubling (you would have thought the Xbox would too ??) Sega Sports Tennis is so crisp and Guilty Gear X is fantastic on a 19 monitor and Ikaruga ooooohhh Ikaruga is so sweeeeeet in high rez. I HIGHLY recormend getting a VGA box :D

Ikaruga also supports those flat screen monitors that revolve so if you have one you can play long-screen Ika' (wish i had one :( )

Edit just tried Soul Cal' on VGA, wow, wow, wow, wow.
:( Symphony of the Night wont play very well on BleemCast :( bugger

I just got a VGA box for my DC today, I have to agree with you, Sooo crisp and clear. :)

I only got the DC + 2 games a week ago (found it lurking at the back of a local secondhand shop) and it`s the best £20 i`ve ever spent. :D
It didn`t come with any tv lead or joypads, Just got thoughts through ebay, But it was still worth it.

Trooper

@ Trooper: Headhunter at Amazon.co.uk for DC £8.99 amazing game 3D stealther MGS style with motorbike riding, bomb defusing and neck snapping, along with all the peeking round walls, rolling for cover, top stuff. I just snapped up the last Phantasy Star V2 for 8.99 to :D

HARD decision, there both stella consoles DC's go from £15 - 40 and games go from £2 on ebay (as long as your not after Samba + maracas or Vitrual On + Twinsticks or Garou and a hand full of rares).

If your not after any thing thats gone multi format (Skys of arcadia, Ikaruga, Marvel V Capcom 2, Virtua Tennis 2, etc) and that died with the DC then i suppose you could just d/l the games (you can d/l the others but thats ultimatley your deicision ) BUT they havent been dead that long and might get a port at a later date :unsure:

The DC also has a whole bunch of emu's

BUT The GP is portable, plays movies and MP3's on the go as well as games. They both fill different gaming/entertainment needs. in an ideal world go for both if your strapped for cash then its a very hard decision.

If you can code or are planning on lerning then go GP its easyer to develop for and you get a thrill when you see you own little game/code running on a comercial console. If you want a cheap and just as fun alternative to the current big 3 consoles you wont go wrong with a DC.

If you get a DC, trust me on this, get a vga box. You'l be forgiven for thinking your playing Soul' Cal, Ikaruga or Virtua Tennis on a gamecube or Xbox the first time you see 'em on vga

A VGA box is what you use so that you can play games on a pc monitor instead of your tv :D

Back