GP32 to dreamcast lin cable soon available

true karma

QUOTE:

"The Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, is the biggest videogame expo in whole Europe, you can compare it with the E3 in LA.

The Dreamcast-Petition.com team and myself (as the founder) are going to have a booth there, of course it's smaller then the most other booth, but we got luck to be there anyway. We're talking about "the big money", for the rent we pay for this booth we could buy a car, you know. We'd like to do a Feet of Fury- and Dreamcast Karaoke-competition, world exclusive presentation of a GP32 / Dreamcast link cable (!), first time presentation of the GP32 here in Europe, the (portable) Treamcast, more and more rare and unreleased Dreamcast games, and so on. We stay there 10 days, it's opened 4 days for the media and visitors."

I hear the GP32news team are also going to interview Gamepark there.

PS: Sorry about the typo in the title

Ha dreamcast rules, I recently bought my second dreamcast after selling my first for a ps2. That woulda been a bad decision considering how much better the dreamcast is compared to the ps2 but I did get this second dreamcast for only £19.

What kinda stuff could this link cable be used for. Im very interested and I know 2 people with dreamcasts who may be getting gp32s.

QUOTE: What kinda stuff could this link cable be used for

There is already a link cable available that links the Dreamcast to the GP32, and certain games which let you get extra features if you use them togather, Thunderz has recently released a neogeo pocket colour emulator, if support for this cable could be added, you could do some pretty crazy stuff, I'm sure there are loads of other potential things it could be used for.

Edit: I think you mean a 'Neo Geo Pocket to Dreamcast cable' and not 'GP32 to Neo Geo Pocket'

Two typos in one post I can't beliebe it

true karma

I think you mean a 'Neo Geo Pocket to Dreamcast cable' and not 'GP32 to Neo Geo Pocket'

:D

but it would be very cool to play networked NGPC (or GBC) emulated on the GP32 and with a real NGPC or GBC.

A NGPC to DC link cable wouldn't be world exclusive, cos' I bought one back in 1999 and I still got it, and I doubt I'm the only one here who bought wierd things for handhelds :)

The NGPC to DC link cable worked on very few games and it had no real purpose. All I used it for was KOF-R2 (NGPC) to KOF1999 (DC), because earning unlocking points on KOF1999 took FOREVER, but it took maybe 1 or 2 games to get maximum points on the NGPC. Mind you the maximum was lower, like 999 compared to 65535 or something, but it still adds up. I forget...it's been a long time since my NGPC got stolen. But that's another story...

I dunno what could be done with such a link cable, honestly. Network doom? :)

Btw, I checked and the old cable doesn't fit in the GP32. Just in case anyone was thinking of asking...

Quote: A NGPC to DC link cable wouldn't be world exclusive, cos' I bought one back in 1999

I think there's been a bit of confusion, the original post is about a GP32 to Dreamcast link cable, when talking about it in my other post I meant to compare to to the neogeo pocket link cable and say that there was already one of these available, but somehow managed to write one of the most confusing posts ever.

Anyway, if the cable developers also developed some software it may be possible to connect the GP32 to the dreamcast and use it as a VMU (Dreamcast memory card), which would give you the potential of saving 128 times the normal amount of data. The Dreamcast homebrew development community is also very active, and you never know this cable may cause more of them to take an interest in the GP32.

all this stuff from almost a year ago... what ever happened to this? Was this cable ever acually made? I've never heard of it until I saw this

I would use it for playing Snes RPG's on the big screen when I get home, then transfering my saves to the GP to play while on the train in the mornings. Same with all the emu saves.

davey g posted on Aug 20 2003 said:
Ha dreamcast rules, I recently bought my second dreamcast after selling my first for a ps2. That woulda been a bad decision considering how much better the dreamcast is compared to the ps2 but I did get this second dreamcast for only £19.

What kinda stuff could this link cable be used for. Im very interested and I know 2 people with dreamcasts who may be getting gp32s.
I dissagree with you there Dave :D... The PS2 can kick the Dreamcasts Ass with its Eyes closed :D hehe......

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Feb 24 2004 said:
davey g posted on Aug 20 2003 said:

I dissagree with you there Dave :D... The PS2 can kick the Dreamcasts Ass with its Eyes closed :D hehe......
2 things
1. that post was from august
2. The DC had best GFX till the GC came out, and dun say the PS2 did, the PS2 uses a different type of Media for it's fancy GFX

Last edited by a moderator:
Back