GP32 Fingerprint analysis...

D-an-W

Still Fresh
:D Got my GP32 Backlit this morning (Damn Easter holidays held it up!) :D

Stuck in my NEW Rechargeable batteries, peeled off the protective film, got out my shiny new 128mb SMC turned it on and Argggggggggghhh! a dirty big fingerprint on the inside of the screen :angry: :( :angry:

I (Like many others I guess) get really paranoid about dust and marks on my GBA SP, and had two with dust in before finding a clean one. There was no dust in the GP32, just the fingerprint. Has anyone else experienced this because it has put me off buying another now (GBAx.com are taking it back, Craig and Jacquelyn really are NICE PEOPLE!!!)...?

INSIDE??

Hmmmm - perhaps the GamePArk assembly line were having a piss-up that day :) Probably the same day they packed the Wonky Joysticks(tm) and the Non-Backlit GP32s as Backlit ones :D

I've never heard that before - just that this board is of course one of the first places people come if they have GP32 problems, so you tend to learn about them here. I think they're solid little units and carry mine round with me all the time with no ill effects...

There have been 3 backlits with marks under the screen, i'm speaking to gamepark about it not happening again. I don't want to have to test every one.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Holy Wonky Joysticks™, Batman!

:D

Looks like Craig can't help these errors ... rather, I'm starting to get fed up of Gamepark. After all the help members have done in making emulators, etc, etc they could at least support their huge English userbase with a decent translation ... (of course they're not obliged to, since it's only available in Korea) and deliver decent units to their importers.

- Rico

Thanks for the reply Craig, were they all fingerprints or just marks in general? Perhaps it is just down to them being a new idea and they have not perfected it yet <_<

Say Hi to Jacquelyn for me, and ask her if she could phone me to confirm our lovely Royal Mail don't let me down again... :angry:

I guess this is kind of a stupid question, but can you sell the gp32s with marks under the screen for discount price?

Meonlyeviler posted on Apr 24 2003 said:
I guess this is kind of a stupid question, but can you sell the gp32s with marks under the screen for discount price?
That's actually not a bad idea. I'd spring for one if it were discounted. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back