Gp32 Future?

I get the impression that all of the new gaming handhelds are closed systems, so the GP32 and Zodiac may be the last devices that could have a strong homebrew scene. That will keep them around for awhile no matter what happens.

I am the only one who feels that an ominous shadow hangs over the future of our beloved korean device.

With things like the ds and psp comign out in the same price range yet packing a much more powerful tech spec, i find myself wondering if its worth for me to continue my ultimate gp32 project?

Yet one thing i know as a fact as an open source platform the gp32 has yet to flower to its full potential and i know most of you will say its a matter of time but do we as an communtiy have that time?

I don't mean to sound pesimistic i jsut want to know what your guys feelings are?

...it's just you ...

Last edited by a moderator:
gp32_console The most powerful handheld out of what few handhelds that don't cause carpal tunnel syndrome (Gp32 is ergonomic :) ), don't cause eye cancer (GBA screen sucks) and doesn't cost way too much.

HA!!!

Friend: Hey whats that?

me: Its a gp32, its really cool.

friend: why should I buy one?

me: Because unlike the gameboy it doesn't cause eye cancer!

friend: Dear God!!! The gameboy gives eye cancer?!?! *runs off screaming*

I really like my GP32! :)

The only thing that I don't like about it is that no one knows what it is here. :( The GP32 doesn't really seem like a console that would be a gift idea for someone who doesn't know what it is. I bring my GP32 with me wherever I can, like on bus trips, car trips, school stuff where we're excused all day... :D

But again, no one knows what it is, so I can't do multiplayer. :(

I'd be really sad if everyone on the GP32 scene died except me, because then no one would appreciate stuff I would program for the system. No one would know what the system was, either. And in order to prevent the death of the GP32, it would be my job to educate the unknowing public eye. :p Heck, I wouldn't even know what a GP32 is if it weren't for an online friend of mine that got one and would NOT shut up about it. ;) "What the heck, I'll get one and see how good it is" I told myself. Whee! :) ^_^ :D :p ^_^ :) And here I am now. :D

But yeah, if the c64 scene is still alive today, the GP32 scene will be alive... you know, considering how many people like the system. :)

WhizzBang: Yes, its worth that, I sold a FLU and got a BLU+ and the first sight of the screen almost knocked me down! The bright colors and crystal clear picture, its a must :D

its good to hear that the g32 wont be falling into obsecurity anytime time soon :D

now i can sleep easy at night :p

the first sight of the screen almost knocked me down! The bright colors, crystal clear picture,
...the bright grey bar... :p

hehe, anyway, don't some people still play around with Amiga computers? The Amiga suffered a + thing too.

No really, I really wish I had an Amiga when I was young, so I could have fond memories of protracker and a strong affection for it. :p Heck, I could compile GP32 games on it too. :D

Back