Gp32 Help

jamdog30

Still Fresh
Ok I have just bought a gp32 flu from a friend but no usb connection, so i purchased the card reader and I now see the card and used the smc format program. The file structure i have added gpmm etc etc. Do i need to re register the unit or can i get the unit toplay emus just with gpfree launcher. I am really struggling here and dot have a clue how to get this system to run. Help is needed.

wow, lots of people are picking up a gp32 nowadays...

short answer:

original firmware needs a specially encoded freelauncher program on the SMC. This is hard to encode without the usb cable.

what does the screen look like when you load it up? if its the yellowy background with the rotating "game" "music" or umm... or something else, then thats the original.

Try holding SELECT when turning on, see if there's another firmware installed and hiding (or ask your friend)

More, hopefully useful, info:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=42311&hl=

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38197&hl=

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=42351&hl=

jamdog30 said:
Ok I have just bought a gp32 flu from a friend but no usb connection, so i purchased the card reader and I now see the card and used the smc format program. The file structure i have added gpmm etc etc. Do i need to re register the unit or can i get the unit toplay emus just with gpfree launcher. I am really struggling here and dot have a clue how to get this system to run. Help is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions

No Spiv firmware boot loader so anymore ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

the gp32 has the yellow background and the 3 symbols mp3,game, and system

and thanks for the quick reply

did you get it working?

if you read those threads i gave you you'll see the only ways to play homebrew is to get a freelauncher encoded for your unit, or update the firmware another way (jtag).

Without the usb cable you need somebody to encode a freelauncher to your SMC

mrsnature said:
did you get it working?

if you read those threads i gave you you'll see the only ways to play homebrew is to get a freelauncher encoded for your unit, or update the firmware another way (jtag).

i there, that is a no. I bought and tried the 4 pin usb adaper from dealextreme and that is tsill a no go as the win xp, mac os x , and ubuntu oses all do not recognise that anything is connected to the computer. USB signals maybe talking in different directions or something. Can you suggest someone to encode the unit in the manchester region or close by.

thanks

That GP32 thing from DealExtreme is a bit odd, it looks like you put it in upside down.

jamdog30 said:
mrsnature said:
did you get it working?

i there, that is a no. I bought and tried the 4 pin usb adaper from dealextreme and that is tsill a no go as the win xp, mac os x , and ubuntu oses all do not recognise that anything is connected to the computer. USB signals maybe talking in different directions or something. Can you suggest someone to encode the unit in the manchester region or close by.

thanks

I purchased the adapter from there as well, and it has the same issue. It states that it is not connected, check the pc-link software it says

Back