Gp32 Homebrew Reviews Page

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
no reason to spam pm boxes of users with your "do you want to help us out?" stuff <.<
I only asked folks who I thought might be up for reviewing, as these topics can be easily missed / forgotten about.

If you aren't up for helping out that's cool, I didn't enable "forced reply" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pAiN

i've already started getting ideas on my site redesign. If anybody has any reviews, especially of older homebrewn games, please submit them to webmaster@gp32exg.com

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
GP32World has had reviews of games & programs for the GP32 for quite a while now, & it's not that hard to submit one...

The trouble is that I always thought that in a review site there should be different categories for different games, and more than one person should be able to review a specific game and still have it show up under one link... what is there right now is a little clunky!

I envisioned the review section looking something like http://www.thaworx.co.uk/genemu/ , but unfortunately Crazeeplaya hasn't been able to rework it since I suggested the idea... :(

don

AWSMOE!
Website
gp32.chemicalkungfu.de
Actually, the project is working out a lot better than I thought - I got new submissions every day (thanks frolik, bob, ernest, jr2swiss), the project is growing constantly, frolik had a lot of nice ideas, and, we had more than 350 visitor each day so far. I'd call that a success for now.

A

Aaaaaaaa

don, do you know php?

perhaps it would be a good idea to have an automatic submit type thingy.

don

AWSMOE!
Website
gp32.chemicalkungfu.de
don, do you know php?

perhaps it would be a good idea to have an automatic submit type thingy.

Did you actually look at the page? ;)
It's made with a mysql database backend and a php frontend, so obviously I've heard of PHP before...
About the submit thingy, it's on my list, but it'll be rather complicated because I need some kind of moderation (like, reading reviews before they go into the database) and the uploading of screenshots.
But apart from that, I almost instantly add reviews I get via mail (at least when I'm not sleeping) so it's not my #1 priority atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aaaaaaaa

I didnt look at the code, just the site.

I assumed that when u got a new review you just created another page.

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
The site is looking great! glad to see people helping out with the reviews, before long we'll have a lot of the homebrew games covered....

Lina, if you mean you would like a review of your game I'm sure one of us would happily do a piece on it, let us know when you have something reviewable!

:p