GP32 LCD screen question

zboy9

かっこいいね。
:rolleyes: Dumb me, not knowing much about computer hardware or the GP32 hardware itself, stumbled upon this (dumb?) question: Could the GP32's lcd screen simply be switched with another one? Is there a lot cables, wires, etc. that connects the GP32 to the screen? I mean, it is probably not as simple as taking the wires that connect the current screen and soldering them to another one, or is it? Obviously not, cause I haven't heard anything about it, but could someone please shed some light on this probably dumb topic for me? thanks ;)

For a different LCD we have to assume that they have to at least be electronically and logically compatible. Same lines, same resolution, same clock, same internal structure etc.
Even if they are compatible electronically you already pointed out what will be the biggest hurdle: the connection. There is one flat cable that runs straight from the LCD into a connector on the GP32 board, with a whole bunch of lines. Trying to connect any LCD with a different cable and connector would mean having to manually solder wires to the flat cable and then to the control board.
In short: connecting any LCD different that the original one is, at a first glance, almost impossible.

sorry for the late reply, it was late at night when I posted the topic. I want to know about it because there are a lot of better quality LCD's out there, that are backlit instead of frontlit, or in my case, no light at all. I simply want a backlit or lighted screen for my GP32 instead of having to buy a flu. thanks for your understanding of my limited technical knowledge :rolleyes:

The sheer difficulty of such a mod would greatly out-weigh the cost of a GP32 FLU.

Not to mention you would need to buy the screen somewhere, which could cost quite a bit.

I would suggest selling your GP32 and buying a FLU model. The price was just lowered anyway.

But now that I think of it, isn't the FLU unit available separately, for installations in standard GP32s?

about the flu in the standard GP32's, there is supposed to be one coming out soon, but like the other lies, it has not come true yet. :(

Back