Gp32 Link On Scummvm.org

fade

Website
Visit site
Since i got scummvm going on my gp32, I've been very interested in its development. On the links page on the official scummvm site, theres a link to the 'official' GP32 scummvm port. However, it appears to be a dead link, whats the story? I've had a look around the forum to see if this has been covered already, but i'm still a fairly new user so i'm not exactly up to speed.

The only one I know of who is still (some kind of) working on GPScumm is DJWillis.

I questioned him in an email if he is still working on it, but his gp32 is some kind of damaged, and as soon as he gets it repaired, he tries to continue his work (so he didn`t abandon it)

So you can hope for an update sooner or later (I think its later, but thats better than never)

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. :( I hope he gets it fixed or replaced. Maybe the community could band together and get him a new one! I'd certainly chip in! :) gp32_console

Tobriand posted on Sep 22 2004 at 07:50 AM said:
So far as I remember, he now actually has another GP32... Which is good :)

That's the one that broke ;). My 1st one is still in another country :D.

As for ScummVM, well the *broken* GP32 now works if I don’t have a case on it (some sort of short I guess) so that's a start. I still do work on ScummVM now and then (and still want to) but let’s just say over these past few months life has been anything but simple (and things are not quite sorted yet) and that a lot of my extracurricular activities have gone right out of the window.

I will add to this a genuine plee. I have asked before but if anybody has any real C++ skills and is used to coding for the GP32 and wants to give me a hand please mail me. Access to GCC 3.4 (well DevKitArm) and debug leads (via USB lead or Serial) is also a very good idea (trust me, a lot of the remaining bugs need the code to be stepped through/profiled). My core code for ScummVM for the GP32 is based on ScummVM’s main CVS (as of about 8 weeks ago) so it’s comparable to 0.6.1(ish). However before anybody asks, that’s code, NOT a working FXE (so please don’t ask).

Last edited by a moderator:
DJWillis, I'd just like to say a quick thank you to you for working on the GP32 port of Scummvm. Playing Indiana Jones anywhere on my GP32 is really absolutely great. If I could code i'd help out, but alas i can't. :( I really hope someone with the ability reads this thread and offers to help you work on it to benefit all of us. I haven't had my GP32 long but one of the main reasons i bought it was because of the strong emulator and homebrew development community.

Cheers!

Back