Gp32 Mame 2.2 Released!

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
GP32 MAME 2.2 has been released!

GP32 MAME 2.2

If there are any issues, please let me know by replying or adding to this topic.

Highlights include sample sound support, Sega System 16 games, improved Z80 core (1942 and Jungle King now work) and lots of other improvements and fixes. See the webpage for details.

- Slaanesh

I have never got any earlier release of mame on my gp32, but there is this game, The Simpsons, a platformer were up to four players can play at the same time, does it run on GP32 Mame 2.2?

sehs33 posted on Aug 6 2006 at 11:06 PM said:
I have never got any earlier release of mame on my gp32, but there is this game, The Simpsons, a platformer were up to four players can play at the same time, does it run on GP32 Mame 2.2?
Unfortunately it's way too big to fit into the GP32's RAM...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi slaanesh,

firstable: many, many thanks for your SUPER job, MAME V2.2 is great (again), (many thanks also to
franxis and chui !).
I've waited a long time for this :) , it seems many games are a little bit faster in this version and this alone
is already great.
The sample-support in MAME is really a breakthrough for the GP-handhelds, but unfortunately i'm missing several sample-sounds in "ZEKTOR" and also in "WIZARD OF WOR". :eek:

I've bought my GP32(BLU+) in november last year and i'm still enthusiastic, and i really do hope you'll keep on this good work ! ;)

BTW: How many games would work additionally with 32 MB ram (after an upgrade), perhaps the neo geo games too ?

Sorry for my very lousy english, my german is a bit better :)

Regards
-Camiga64

camiga64 posted on Aug 9 2006 at 09:54 AM said:
The sample-support in MAME is really a breakthrough for the GP-handhelds, but unfortunately i'm missing several sample-sounds in "ZEKTOR" and also in "WIZARD OF WOR". :eek:

Yes, the drivers are not perfect - that's basically how they are in MAME 0.34/MAME0.35.
I will add missing sounds where possible. Wizard of Wor and Gorf need some work, both have many samples!

I've bought my GP32(BLU+) in november last year and i'm still enthusiastic, and i really do hope you'll keep on this good work ! ;)

BTW: How many games would work additionally with 32 MB ram (after an upgrade), perhaps the neo geo games too ?
The problem is that the standard SDK (which I am using) does not make use of any extra RAM. I would have to use a special malloc() function (memory allocation) library to do this.

If the GP32 had 32MB of RAM, it would run almost everything the GP2X could run - including CPS-1 games and many Neo Geo games. These would all run at a reasonable speed too! However, I only have a standard GP32.

Sorry for my very lousy english, my german is a bit better :)
Your english is excellent - I can also speak some German!

I got both the gp2x and the gp32 blu. Mame on the GP2X is without any doubt superior, more games are supported, better screen, faster and you can put the whole romset on a sd card. However, I do not know why: I prefer playing mame on the gp32. Btw thanks for your work Slaanesh

chaos engineer posted on Sep 21 2006 at 07:38 PM said:
I got both the gp2x and the gp32 blu. Mame on the GP2X is without any doubt superior, more games are supported, better screen, faster and you can put the whole romset on a sd card. However, I do not know why: I prefer playing mame on the gp32. Btw thanks for your work Slaanesh
Thanks for your kind words.

I hope that you will enjoy v2.3 when it comes out - I've got some nice improvements!

slaanesh posted on Sep 21 2006 at 02:26 PM said:
chaos engineer posted on Sep 21 2006 at 07:38 PM said:

I hope that you will enjoy v2.3 when it comes out - I've got some nice improvements!

This means you are still working on it. Looking forward to that.

slaanesh posted on Sep 21 2006 at 12:26 PM said:

Hi slaanesh,

that sounds like music to me :)

Hey slaanesh,
is it possible to fix the controls in 'FIRETRAP' (one of my favorit) and in 'PETER PACK-RAT' ?
And is it difficult to implement the driver for 'WARDNER' (also one of my favorit) ?

camiga64 posted on Sep 24 2006 at 02:48 AM said:
Hey slaanesh,
is it possible to fix the controls in 'FIRETRAP' (one of my favorit) and in 'PETER PACK-RAT' ?
And is it difficult to implement the driver for 'WARDNER' (also one of my favorit) ?
Wardener is on my list of games to implement and will be either included in 2.3 or 2.4.

I'll check out Firetrap and Peter Pack-Rat.

EDIT: Firetrap seems to be a two-joystick game - like Robotron.
There really isn't a good way of implementing this on the GP32?

I have added Auto-Fire though, as I was sick of hammering my poor buttons all the time (though my new high score on 1943 doesn't count because of TelcoLou's damn rules about no Autofire...)

slaanesh posted on Sep 24 2006 at 01:22 AM said:
Wardener is on my list of games to implement and will be either included in 2.3 or 2.4.

sounds really great :rolleyes:

I'll check out Firetrap and Peter Pack-Rat.

EDIT: Firetrap seems to be a two-joystick game - like Robotron.
There really isn't a good way of implementing this on the GP32?

It's quite enough, if you exchange the assignment of the stick-right with the left-shoulder button.
(The re-assign option in M.A.M.E. doesn't work in this case with 'FIRE-TRAP')

I have added Auto-Fire though, as I was sick of hammering my poor buttons all the time (though my new high score on 1943 doesn't count because of TelcoLou's damn rules about no Autofire...)

Yes, too bad, anyway, Auto-Fire is a fine thing, can't wait to test this function ! :lol:

In a future release, I plan to shuffle the buttons around a bit - there will be one master button to control everything that is not directly game related. The remaining buttons will be free to allocate to whatever is requred for playing games, including insert coin and player 1 start.
Currently the right shoulder button is hard coded to rotating the scree, left shoulder to inserting a credit and start to Player 1 start - having three buttons dedicated to these functions I think is a bit of waste.

So, I'm going to propose making the start button display a menu which will give you the option to:

Insert Coin Player 1
Start Player 1
Insert Coin Player 2
Start Player 2
FPS Display
Stretch Mode
Reset Game
Rotate screen
Exit Game

slaanesh said:
GP32 MAME 2.2 has been released!

GP32 MAME 2.2

If there are any issues, please let me know by replying or adding to this topic.

Highlights include sample sound support, Sega System 16 games, improved Z80 core (1942 and Jungle King now work) and lots of other improvements and fixes. See the webpage for details.

- Slaanesh

Does anyone know if there is a new version of mame for the Game Park 32 going to be released, the last version is 2.3 in October i believe but nothing since any ideas anyone.

slaanesh said:
chaos engineer said:

I Love mame on Game Park 32 i have the latest version 2.3 it's great, any news on a newer version coming out?

Regards

Kingtiger44

Back