Gp32x Collaborative Faq

Blah posted on Feb 28 2004 said:
...If it is safe to overclock your GP32 at then why did GBAX make the 166mhz modded version...
That statement makes no sense.

If you meant "if it is safe", then GBAX made the 166 MHz modded version because it's safe to run at 166 MHz, like you said.

If you meant "if it isn't safe", we never said that. I quote Axeman: "- Your GP32 will happily overclock to a speed up to 166Mhz, with the only ill-effect being a shortening of the battery life (down to about 2 1/2 hours in my tests)". Those are the types of GP32 being sold at GBAX as '166 modded'.

I think what GBAX means by '166 modded' is that the unit is capable of O/Cing to 166 MHz without problems (but I haven't checked the site so you might just be misquoting it)

Last edited by a moderator:
adding a bit to the "Lit or unlit" part...
u CUD add a FLU to a GP32 w/o FLU.. if u live in korea (like me :D )
it costs like ~50$..
also i think they were thinking of making an attachable one... at hahotech or something like that.......
:unsure:
or... i think some ppl use a worm light..

Or if you can afford it, get both the Non-FLU unit and when the new back lighted unit comes out get that too. Then you will have the best of both worlds.

Rico posted on Feb 28 2004 said:
I quote Axeman: "- Your GP32 will happily overclock to a speed up to 166Mhz, with the only ill-effect being a shortening of the battery life (down to about 2 1/2 hours in my tests)"
is that 2 and a half hours lit and overclocked? if so, how long does it last w/o the light? if not, then it must have about an hour over clocked and lit. which is a bit shite really.

FLU > BLU.

Does anyone here rememebr the Game Gear? you'd be lucky to get 4 hours from 6 AA batteries.

As for me, I only turn on the light while playing in bed, but at work we have uber-bright banks of flourescent lighting, so I switch it off.

Yeah, but that's in a later Virtual Dub version which tends to create files of greater size than 1.4.7, which just about everyone uses.

Where do you live? If you live in the US, get it from Lik-Sang as the current foreign currency exchange for the dollar to the pound is really bad.

Azure posted on Apr 11 2004 said:
Where do you live? If you live in the US, get it from Lik-Sang as the current foreign currency exchange for the dollar to the pound is really bad.
It still works out cheaper from lik-sang!

The main problem is import/custom tax. You can end up paying around £30 ontop if you're importing from outside the EU (lik-sang is based in HK if I'm not mistaken). There are ways to get around this - ask the seller to mark the package as a GIFT and give it a value of under £36, but even this isn't garunteed to avoid the tax. If you're up for taking a risk, lik-sang might be worth a try. Otherwise go for Gbax.

Can you still register with Gbax?
And I am in europe so should I go with lik-sang?
It is nearly £10 cheaper.
ANy way thanks for answering my questions so far.
I am experimenting with virtual dub. I am having problems with one .avi that is always of in the dubbing by about 5000ms.
It says to decompress the audio to a .wav and then recompress it but I don't know how to do that.

sam fisher posted on Apr 11 2004 said:
And I am in europe so should I go with lik-sang?
It is nearly £10 cheaper.
Are you in the UK?

If so, go with Gbax. They may be around £20 more expensive than lik-sang, but you could end up paying that much (or more) for the customs/import tax.

If not, research your country's import/custom laws before you order...there's nothing worse than thinking you're getting the bargain of the century only to be faced with a £30 tax charge!

Back