GP32x Subscription Thingy

Would you donate to a "pool" of money to be donated to developers and fund dev-related stu

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Most complaints are from people using Paypal to pay huge amounts to people they do not know at all, when they find they got scammed they blame Paypal (Paypal makes it quite clear that they will not refund your money). I only use Paypal to pay small amounts that I can afford to lose, the only reason I use it is because I prefer losing 20$ to handing out my creditcard information to a scammer. If you use Paypal in this way you'll be fine.

Back on topic: it's a nice idea and I would donate but you would need a lot of people to join for this to work.

raven posted on Aug 18 2004 at 12:57 PM said:
Most complaints are from people using Paypal to pay huge amounts to people they do not know at all, when they find they got scammed they blame Paypal (Paypal makes it quite clear that they will not refund your money). I only use Paypal to pay small amounts that I can afford to lose, the only reason I use it is because I prefer losing 20$ to handing out my creditcard information to a scammer. If you use Paypal in this way you'll be fine.
Yes but they can also close your account for pretty much any reason and hold the money it contains for about six months. I have seen this happen to completely innocent people before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rico posted on Aug 18 2004 at 01:10 PM said:
Yes but they can also close your account for pretty much any reason and hold the money it contains for about six months. I have seen this happen to completely innocent people before.
And that's why I don't keep any money in my account. I simply use them as a layer between me and the other person, just to protect my creditcard information and only for inexpensive things.

I don't think Paypal is great, I don't think they have good service, I just need them sometimes.

People have paypal.
People actually know how to use paypal.
Paypal is easy.

It may be shitty but its the only real way this could work.

As I said, there could also be a land address to send cheques.

We'll have to wait and see what Hando says about GP32x's involvement etc.

tbh, it seems ridiculous for people to say they dont have the money to donate.

As said before £2 would help lots.

Raid your copper jar, and you'd have £2.
In this sort of donation scheme, there is no such thing as a donation which is insulting or too small, because as I said before, even a 50p cheque/ paypal donation would help.

Hmm... if someone has the time to create a nice webpage (I don't have much time atm), contact me via eMail.
I'll provide the needed traffic and webspace (www.gp32x.de)

well, if someone sets up this account, it should be someone everybody trust, so craigix would be out of the discussion, because there are people who think he´s not trustworthy. Furthermore, declaration is out the race (its not that I dont trust you its just........................ I don´t trust you :D :p ;) ). I would suggest hando, Evil Dragon, Rico or some other Mod of these boards!

generalnmx posted on Aug 17 2004 at 07:59 PM said:
I'm all for it. And they'd get access to a secret forum where warez/rom links are allowed...

...kidding :D
oh, you mean the forum that you enter if you click the "search" button :p :p:p:p

Hey, thats an easy way to get people use the search engine of these boards ;)

So, we should wait until we have at least 93% for "Yes," right (93 because if you add its digits, 9 and 3, you get 12, which is half the product of Rico's first 2 digits in his member number, 8 and 3. First 2 digits because Yoyo has released 2 emulators for the GP32. Half the product because if you add up all of the letters of Half (Using their number in the alphabet), you get 27, which is the product of 9 and 3, whose sum is the half the product of Rico's first 2 digits of his member number) And Yoyo because if you multiply all the number in Yoyo's username, Yoyofr, you get 14343750, and when you add up all of those digits, you get back to 27, which is the product of 9 and 3, whose sum is half the product of Rico's first 2 digits of his member number)?

OT: BTW, the new Beatmania IIDX, is called IIDX: Red, and when you add up all the letters (using their number in the alphabet), you get 27, which is the product of 9 and 3, whose sum is half the product of Rico's first 2 digits of his member number. Also, Red and Rico both start with an "R." Also, "Red" has 3 letters and "Rico" has 4, Rico joinged on April (Month 4) 4th of 2003.

EDIT: Added "of Half," it would have been a little confusing without it.

Clever. However, 27 is a cube, which makes it more likely to be involved in the multiplication of random numbers. I'm not going to ask you how long it took to come up with that shit, except to mention that you should have used your C++ knowledge to code a program to do it for you :)

Kinda like http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/evilfinder/ef.shtml - note to all: do NOT post your lame little results here. Do it in another thread if you must.

It's more fun to do it with your own mind, instead of having a machine do the work (It doesn't even take that long, just like when I posted something similar in the Spam thread a few months ago).

I always said it would need to be run or at least jointly run with a mod because people would not trust ordinary members and would be right to do so.

Its good to see that so many people are interested in the idea.

We just need Hando to agree, and a mod to volunteer to be in charge. It would be a good idea to hand out duties (such as awarding the badges) to elected members, because the whole scheme would involve quite alot of work and one person may feel uncomfortable taking on that role.

Hando needs to add several more usergroups. I don't think the current board software allows you to be, for example, a guru or mod and a badge-holder at the same time. It could be hacked in, of course, but you know my problems with that already. With those user levels in place, though, a mod or mods could handle the rest with ease.

Rico posted on Aug 18 2004 at 04:12 PM said:
Hando needs to add several more usergroups. I don't think the current board software allows you to be, for example, a guru or mod and a badge-holder at the same time. It could be hacked in, of course, but you know my problems with that already. With those user levels in place, though, a mod or mods could handle the rest with ease.
Multiple Inheritance (Virtual)? <- My pathetic attempt at sounding smart :lol: I know, it's not C++.

So, I guess now we just have to wait for Hando's opinion about this.

Azure posted on Aug 19 2004 at 01:05 AM said:
Multiple Inheritance (Virtual)? <- My attempt at sounding smart :lol: I know, it's not C++.

So, I guess now we just have to wait for Hando's opinion about this.
The crazy thing is that I can't even see why multiple inheritance would apply. I'd keep a collection of Badges myself, and perhaps make a DonationBadge class and derive that a few times to make bronze, silver and gold. I actually started coding it with an abstract base class and all but realised how ultimately sad and in need of sleep I am :)

Usergroup
Donation Badge^
Guru^XTREME TEAM

Like that? I was thinking something else earlier:
Usergroup
Donation Badge^
Bronze^Silver^Gold
Guru^XTREME TEAM

EDIT: Gah! It won't display all the spaces I made to make it into a chart.

Back