GPD Pocket 2 Announced

The Pyra has 2 SD-Card slots.

Currently the Prototype boots from the left SD.
I miss it so much to have only one removable SD-Card left.
Why can't others not have 2 micro SD-Card slots? It's not that it would take up so much space.
Wasn't it these 2 (+1!) SD card slots that caused some hardware trouble to make it all work together? I had the impression that a device with only one slot would have been easier pcb-wise. At least it does take less space. I personaly would be OK with only one (external) slot but I also don't have that many data to store.

Not that I can recall. There's a plan to make the internal µSD card available at the same time as the eMMC that's still only on paper, but that consequently hasn't actually blocked anything. The biggest problem was getting all the voltages right so that the 4 1GB RAM chips would work properly, but I don't think there was ever a big problem getting the SD slots wired. AFAIK all SD cards are still 8bit devices, so they don't take up all that much space on a big board like the Pyra's (apart from the physical footprint, which may have pushed some bits and pieces around I guess).

Well, it's lightweight and also supports Linux desktop apps.
So it's an alternative to normal Linux and feels a lot snappier than Windows.

Aaand the GPD Pocket 3 is already coming around the corner! :D (Comming in 2022)

GPD Pocket 3 convertible UMPC review: Faster than many Intel EVO laptops

l9clmahpo4mvxw8yc2bm.png

Back