GPD WIN MAX ANNOUNCED

crazyhorse

Sounds pretty beefy!

Thanks to ThePhawx

Edit: amended title, the Win 3 is a separate device.

Last edited:
I assumed that was a joke, given how big all the prototypes of the smachz were up until recently, but the stuff they were showing off at that recent trade show was a little more svelte, so maybe my joke sensor is a bit off.

Pretty sure the Win 3 is still going to be a separate thing, so I think title should be changed.

Pyra is in the same boat as Smach Z in terms of development progress, and Smach Z is pretty shady.

It will be a real downfall if PGS gets released before Pyra :D

Batteries that work? Competition sure is heating up.

I mean, even ED can't claim batteries that work until he actually ships them. I have my fingers crossed though.

Batteries that work? Competition sure is heating up.

I mean, even ED can't claim batteries that work until he actually ships them. I have my fingers crossed though.

We're using the same company as before, and most Pandora batteries from 2013 (some even from 2011) still work fine :D

GPD have changed the battery supplier starting with the MicroPC. They finally got access to a company in china known for quality batteries.

That's good to know and hopefully true. I know many of my customers refuse to buy any more GPD products from me as they had that problem with the GPD Win 1 and GPD Pocket... and batteries aren't available anymore.
It's also an issue for distributors - I had to fully refund quite a lot of units as I couldn't return them to a working state again due to the lack of replacement batteries :(

Pyra(s) launched during these years: 0
GPDs launched during the same years: 4 (maybe more?)

This is something we will have to find out.
We do not know yet.
True. While I'm trying my best, I can only do as much as the companies did offer, as I simply haven't the funds to switch companies in worst case to make sure we have the best quality.
And the GPD Win 2 is of top-notch quality (except for the batteries).

Back