GPD WIN MAX ANNOUNCED

I know right :)
It makes me even more excited about the future of portable gaming...Tiger Lake :)

Next Nintendo Switch console will be an even stronger beast hopefully ...

I never expected that there will be a portable device that can emulate PS3 anytime soon.
This is a bright future for all of us. :)

Unfortunately I won't benefit from it.
There are so many Switch games I need to play that I have absolutely no time to play PS2/3 game as well ;)
And I've got 3 main real life things I need to do right now, so I can't even play enough to keep up with what I have.

How weak is the Switch if that thing can emulate it ...

BTW: How is the state of the Emulator?
Is there still room for performance optimization or did they hit the ceiling already?

This is really worth considering.
PC/Steam games are much cheaper than the Switch version and have more settings and modding freedom.
On the other it's so expensive that I can get tons of Switch games at full price.
Neither is optimal.
Especially as PC games will be there for the next couple of years.
Who knows what happens when the next Nintendo console comes out. No compatibility maybe?

At least for me it's to expensive at the moment.
I don't think I'll use it that often to justify the price.
If I had not a Switch this would be my dream gaming machine.
For pocket PC it's still the Pyra as it has its own benefits

Video time stamp at 796 seconds: The Win Max's Vita style dpad is "crazy good" compared to the GPD Win 2.

Video time stamp at 1402 seconds: I have mixed feelings about the repairability of Win Max. It's still much too early for a verdict on that, but anything that contains "you could destroy parts of the device if you want to swap the battery" is a turn-off.

It's too big for thumb typing, right?
I need a device which lets me thumb type quickly and a lot.
Is there any review testing that?

Back