GPD WIN MAX ANNOUNCED

And this is GPD's response to their Photoshop fail...a.k.a. trying to hide the truth about their bezels :D

image0.png

Guess who finally got his (he has almost 11 million YouTube subscribers) hands on a GPD WIN MAX...

EYm-C6-IOUEAAOz-Py.jpg

That screen resolution looks a lot more sane than trying to drive the 1920x1200 of the GPD Pocket 1 with an Intel GPU. Hope it runs well.

Ed, are you going to sell the Win Max in your shop?
If yes, are you going to announce a pre-sale as you did for the Win 2? I'd be really interested if this is the case.
Thanks
Yes. Official preorder for distributors starts middle of June.
Delivery is end of August / early September.

Same for the OneGX - which will be revealed to the public May 30th.
That will be a very interesting competition. For, I think the OneGX would be better suited as it has detachable controllers and the screen can slide on top of the keyboard, so it´s similar to the SWITCH. But we´ll see :)

Yes. Official preorder for distributors starts middle of June.
Delivery is end of August / early September.

Same for the OneGX - which will be revealed to the public May 30th.
That will be a very interesting competition. For, I think the OneGX would be better suited as it has detachable controllers and the screen can slide on top of the keyboard, so it´s similar to the SWITCH. But we´ll see :)

Not really, the OneGX they are revealing May 30th will use a Comet Lake processor 10210Y. Performance wise it would put it in competition with the WIN 2, not the WIN Max

In regards to the screen sliding over the keyboard so it can be used as a switch, that feature seems to have gone some time ago. Their marketing shows it with a normal hinge for some time now.
So it looks like the screen slide thing is now gone and has been for some time

Last edited:
We´ll see. The only official information and images / videos I´ve received from OneNetbook doesn´t really reveal anything (except for an RGB keyboard illumination ;))

I wish people were more understanding :(

IMG-20200527-193315.jpg

Can you let me know where that was posted? As I'd like to reply to that. In fact, I'm having the cheapest price GPD has set as distributors price, and the Belchine price is actually 987.70 EUR incl. tax (my price is 773 EUR excluding tax)

Thanks, explanation added.

In case someone here is also interested, here is my reply:

I've just been informed about the huge price difference and am currently looking into it.
The issue is definitely related to taxes.

GPD gives distributors a price range they should use - but they don't tell you if that's incl. or excl. taxes.

In case you don't know how things work in Europe:
For orders placed WITHIN the EU, all prices need to have VAT included (19% in Germany).
So if someone living in the orders from me, the preorder price is 920 EUR incl. VAT.
If someone from outside the EU orders from me, the preorder price is 773 EUR excl. VAT.

Those are the laws in Europe.
I'd say the suggested price is without taxes. Because otherwise my international price would be lower (and below the price range from GPD).

AFAIK Belchine only ships within Europe, they don't have this problem that their price would be too low outside of the EU.
So they see the suggested price range from GPD with TAXES INCLUDED.
Their price without taxes would be 768 EUR, which is way below the given price range.

So yeah, it's not that I'm especially expensive - we're both following GPDs price suggestion, but whereas I currently see the range without VAT, Belchine sees it incl. VAT.

I've sent a mail to GPD. If they are okay with a price range incl. VAT, I'll update my price (it's probably even a tiny bit cheaper than Belchines, as taxes in Belgium are 21%).
International buyers will then rejoice - as my price would probably be cheaper than anywhere else...

I hope you were able to follow my explanation with all those weird tax issues and can understand me.
I'll keep you informed :)

920 EUR ...
Remember those days where people tole me that the Pyra was way to expensive for 550 EUR?
I guess we should be grateful that Smartphones cost way above 1000 EUR now and our little toys seem cheaper in comparison :p

Aaaaand Taxes can make a difference!
Checked back with GPD and their price does allow including the sales tax.
So I updated my price, it's now 820 EUR (incl. tax) - or 689 EUR without tax.

Back