GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

Unreal Tournament 3 also works great on the GPD Win,
It’s DVD Image was about 6gb, so it’s took some time to make the Image and put it on the GPD but it’s works now whitout the DVD Rom,

The Only thing that doesn’t work is the Audio Output via Bluetooth, but I can still use my Bluetooth Adapter for the 3,5mm Port..

Weird, the Bluetooth works well on mine, gamepad and sound on the same time

Envoyé de mon 6039Y en utilisant Tapatalk

Just for clarification:
Bluetooth Audio on my GPD Win works great,
It’s works that great that it’s also steals the connection of my Bluetooth Headset from the IPhone: if IPhone is connected to the Headset and I Boot the Gpd, then the Gpd will connect to the headphone even it it’s not supposed to do so..

Unreal Tournament 3 got some issues whit Bluetooth Audio, but I can remember it’s also got issues whit my USB Headphone on my Notebook, so this could be a general issue whit the game

Also when the Game was released, the only Bluetooth Device where these One Ear Headsets for the Cellphones,
So it could be it isn’t coded to work whit Bluetooth Audio..

Hum, my GPDwin worked fine for months, I bought it from indigogo after the campaign succeeded, meaning it's one from the early series. I prevented updates using OOshutup10 to avoid any issue as it seems that buggy drivers and other buggy updates are frequent, I use it as a gaming console and don't want heavy update/AV overhead, there's nothing secure there and I'll just reinstall at needs.
Unfortunately I start getting some issue, namely some silent reboot while using the GPU, screen goes black then the unit reboot, I also had an occurrence of the dreaded "GPU has stopped working" message but only once. what is strange is that these reboots only occurs when using the GPU and not having a charger/battery pack connected. these seems also to occur regardless of the internal battery charge. I fear that I have the infamous power issue and need to solder resistors as described there:
https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/The-...n-provide/32770371841.html?isOrig=true#extend

Does someone have an idea what I should look for in the event log or by other means before trying to crack my GPDwin and do some brain surgery?

br,

nope, arrives when it's completely cold just after start or after hours when I unplug the USB

It's a definite possibility, however the "your display driver has been restarted" (or whatever similar) makes me think of the issue with this resistor... I was just wondering if there's thing I can look for to confirm. soldering as needed for this resistor is doable for me, reflowing the BGA clearly isn't...
I am just asking question as I don't want to dismantle and put solder in there if that's not needed...

Hm, you mention you did inhibit updates, and the repair howto explicitely states you should update your display driver before trying that fix. Granted, the item working before does contradict that a bit, but it seems to me you should try the software updates before heating the soldering iron...

The CPU in the Thinkpad maybe faster, but the graphic card is much slower.
That may be the reason for the difference.
That's also the reason for the impressive 3D games on smartphones.

Im ready to get one of these things, but only if linux support is less than excruciating.

Can anyone let me know if there is reasonable usability in something like ubuntu or where I can find up to date information? Seems like everyone has moved onto GPD Win2.

Im ready to get one of these things, but only if linux support is less than excruciating.

Can anyone let me know if there is reasonable usability in something like ubuntu or where I can find up to date information? Seems like everyone has moved onto GPD Win2.
I haven't tried linux on my GPD-Win myself, but from what I've read it's god awful and is plagued with problems on the win such as the screen orientation, sound etc.
But the Win 2 has apparently got full Linux support and was used as a selling point at one stage, too bad I don't own one.

So what is your opinion on the GPD Win 1 and 2? I got tired of waiting and bought a Win 1, and I’m very happy with it myself.

So what is your opinion on the GPD Win 1 and 2? I got tired of waiting and bought a Win 1, and I’m very happy with it myself.

Both are nice, though the GPD Win 2 is a big improvement compared to the GPD Win 1.

A few things I don't like:

1. DPad: Typical GPD-DPad. Not bad but also not great.
2. Batteries tend to die pretty fast with the GPD Win 1 (hopefully not with the 2 anymore)
3. Win 2: Fan can be pretty noisy if you run Windows (with Linux, it's fine)
4. The decision to NOT use the analog function of the sticks for the mouse. It simply moves at one single speed. Also, the shoulder buttons are the mouse buttons which I don't find very comfy. On Linux, I fixed both issues by keeping it in controller mode and remapping this to a mouse. That improves the mouse A LOT. Still, the nubs on the Pyra work a LOT better as mouse.
5. Lack of support. No updates, etc. after release (except for a few bugfixes) - and the Win 1 is already out of production.
6. Missing ability to use the touchscreen with a fine-tipped stylus. Would really help with some programs.

Apart from those, it's a great device,

4. The decision to NOT use the analog function of the sticks for the mouse. It simply moves at one single speed. Also, the shoulder buttons are the mouse buttons which I don't find very comfy. On Linux, I fixed both issues by keeping it in controller mode and remapping this to a mouse. That improves the mouse A LOT. Still, the nubs on the Pyra work a LOT better as mouse.

You can use JoyToKey on Windows, let the switch always on XInput mode, and make your own mouse / keyboard profile for the gamepad. Personally, I like controlling the mouse pointer with both analog sticks - having both speed and accuracy this way, and use L2 / R2 for clicks. You can also switch profiles, for instance I switch between gaming mode and Windows mode by pressing the Xbox button.

Are the Pyra nubs the same as the Pandora? I didn't like the nubs on the Pandora, and find the sticks on the Win2 really good - similar to the Vita.

The Pyra Nubs are the same as the Vita Nubs, but whit center click..

Im still like my Gpd Win, expect the Windows 10 of course,
Portable Farming Simulator whit Mods and GTA San Andreas on the Go,
I always wanted a GTA on the Vita but unlucky it was to less succes Handheld for a new GTA..

Back