Gpengine Saves Help

blipped4

T03
Website
none
I thought it would best go in this thread because i would like to know why ryleh wants to make a whole new emulator,When it cant be as good as gpengine,Why cant he just make saves states for gpengine?It would make the emulator complete.

He probably wants to do it from scratch because the code he wants to use could create a more conpatable engine over all. GPengine is good, the best of the two existing but it could be a LOT better.

This is of course assuming he ever gets time to do it.

The original code is not open source ie. the original code is not available to the public.

Which is a shame as its one of my faves and a damn a near perfect emulator with only a couple of games won't work.

On a side note you couldn't save in most of the pcengine games anyway, guess you could say you play them as they were mean't to be played ;)

Wait, didn't certain games have a save method with the A/V modual attached? I could have sworn Neutopia allowed you to save if you had it.

But anyway, GPengine was incompatable with a lot more than just a couple of games, but I'd like to see it atleast save the settings you make for each game so i dont have to keep adjusting clockspeeds and frame rates.

Also I want an emulator to be able to play Silent Debuggers again because that's gotta be my favorite Turbografx game of all time... that and five player MotoRoader but atleast I can play that game.

Back