Gpfrodo Update

Are there any other changes? I don't have a chatboard so I was just wondering.

Thanks, and great work :)

DaveC posted on Sep 16 2004 at 05:46 PM said:
Are there any other changes? I don't have a chatboard so I was just wondering.

Thanks, and great work :)

Only a fix to a buttons menu bug that could occasionally crash it, though didn't seem to often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally chatboard support.
Yeeeeeeeehaaa - great, thanks :)

Haven't tried a beta since version 9... I have to try if Alter Ego runs now :)

YAY!! :D

I should be getting my chatbaord any day now. Thank you so much for all your work.

Great !! :)
Now only the collision detection bug remains ........ (Dropzone, Ancipital, . . . .)

No, or CREATURES...

The Apex Twins games and the collision detection in Dropzone fixed and then I'm complete! (Maybe have a shoulder button or two as configurable keys also for games such as Dropzone (for cloak)...?)

Now I can finally play Treasure Island Dizzy at a leisurely pace!

®

Great work indeed. :)

Problems/comments:

I found out shift-p is a shotcut to F3 on the c64. Are there anymore shortcuts?

Sometimes when the dir browser doesn't work I use: load"$",8
But i when i try to type a comma (,) using the chatboard, I get a questionmark (?).
Does anyone know how to type a comma?

After a some time the chatboard doesn't respond anymore. Letters are appearing when typing numbers and other strange stuff.

Shirohagen posted on Sep 17 2004 at 03:23 PM said:
No, or CREATURES...

The Apex Twins games and the collision detection in Dropzone fixed and then I'm complete! (Maybe have a shoulder button or two as configurable keys also for games such as Dropzone (for cloak)...?)

®

Is this "collision bug" the same one that causes the character in MsPacman to fall through the maze after a few minutes?

tix posted on Sep 17 2004 at 06:37 AM said:
Great !!  :)
Now only the collision detection bug remains ........ (Dropzone, Ancipital, . . . .)

Don't forget the sound bug too. It seems to pop/stutter more than it did in beta 9 as well. After those are fixed it will be near perfect.

DaveC posted on Sep 17 2004 at 05:59 PM said:
Shirohagen posted on Sep 17 2004 at 03:23 PM said:
No, or CREATURES...

®

Is this "collision bug" the same one that causes the character in MsPacman to fall through the maze after a few minutes?

Hey DaveC - I had the same problem with Ms Pacman, but it doesn't happen if you use FrodoPC. Its also a bit slower, which helps me last longer what with my ailing reflexes and all :p

Darn it - I deleted GPMM/c64/frodo when I installed the new version (savestates weren't working for me) and it indeed it worked until I came back the next day and tried to load savestates - they were all gone :(

Yeah I had posted here that they were finally working as I have had a lot of trouble with them between sessions. I played the GP32 several times that day using the savestates no problem, but the next day, guess what... they were all gone again!

In a way though, I'm glad others are finding this as it means it is less likely to be something I am doing wrong (what CAN I do wrong?) and more likely to be something we will see a fix to. there is definately something fishy about the Frodo folder...

®

yeah still having probs with savestates too, only when I tried this version and after deleting the "frodo" directory, I got a message when saving a state "do not switch off.... " etc. and have never seen that before. though when I reset I got a load of garbled text when I go to load savestate, the state still loaded tho......

please snaff, be our hero and look into it :) :)

Back