Gph Quake

lol you can make an alias bind:

alias "iamtroll" "+jump;attack"
bind "ctrl" "iamtroll"

or

alias "+iamtroll" "+jump;attack"
alias "-iamtroll" "attack;say iamtroll"
bind "ctrl" "+iamtroll"

So when you press ctry you jump and shot at same time.

Rikku2000 said:
lol you can make an alias bind:

alias "iamtroll" "+jump;attack"
bind "ctrl" "iamtroll"

or

alias "+iamtroll" "+jump;attack"
alias "-iamtroll" "attack;say iamtroll"
bind "ctrl" "+iamtroll"

So when you press ctry you jump and shot at same time.

i know how to make alias. i use alt for hook and ins for attack. i can't hold on to hook and attack at same time. i can configure something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
omg yeah you can not press 2 keys its not posible on pc its not posible too

Rikku2000 said:
omg yeah you can not press 2 keys its not posible on pc its not posible too

that isn't true. when i bind +hook to a, b, or c button i can hold any of those buttons and i can can press ins key (+attack) at the same time. it works fine with those buttons, it only doesn't work if you use alt and ins together for some reason.

i also use caanoo abxy buttons for moving forward, back and straffing left, right. they also work fine when pressed together for diagonal movements. i'm sure it is only the alt (l button) and ins (r button) that can't be held together.

okey i will take a look later thanks for that info.

Edit:
Pickle i thing whith my new Update on Memory and Cache i have fix
the missing texture problem :) curently i play and i dont find any
missing files.

Curently you can Shot and you can View with touchscreen but i will add some touchfields for weapons.

The fields not done yet but i have release V5 now.

More will comming in V6

your very fast with your releases! a new version every week!

here are some things i noticed immediately with the touchscreen mouse:

1. the touchscreen mouse seems to work by location of a touch rather than movement of a touch. for example i press the top left hand corner the view immediately jerks over there rather than smoothly move there. this means i always have to touch around the center area and make slight movements to look around effectively. blocking the center view area is not good for a first person shooter. you should be able to touch anywhere and stroke the stylist in the direction you want to look smoothly just like with a real mouse.

2. i can't turn off the touchscreen mouse at all. even if i only wanted to use mouse1 as a button i would also have to use the touchscreen mouse and disorient my view.

the stylist doesn't obstruct the view as much as i thought. if you can smooth out the touchscreen mouse controls so that it can be as accurate as a regular mouse then that would free up the abxy buttons for other binds and you won't need to add touchfields for other buttons. the controls are looking very promising, with the analog stick and touchscreen combination the caanoo can have the best first person shooter controls of any handheld!

I Know this error and i am allready on fix this but first i want show
people how work this point but now i start WIZ Support too for GPH Quake
so maybe V6 will have 2 app files 1 for Caanoo, 1 for WIZ.

I make Faste Updates becouse i will make Good Support Line.

So People will maybe happy to have new features or not...

Thanks for that info i can make an option to disable touch moving :p

maybe make option like this: Touchscreen "Off", "Press", "Move", "All"

In my opinion, the best possible way to have a first person shooter set up on a device with a joystick and a touchscreen is like Metroid Prime Hunters or Goldeneye: Rogue Agent on the DS. Easily the best first person shooter controls I've seen, aside from a mouse and keyboard.

Looking with the joystick is blegh.

EDIT: Check out this video for an example:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ftwLeHJmGg4

Obviously on the Caanoo you'd have to be touching the main game screen, but it would still work fine IMO.

ozzuneoj said:
In my opinion, the best possible way to have a first person shooter set up on a device with a joystick and a touchscreen is like Metroid Prime Hunters or Goldeneye: Rogue Agent on the DS. Easily the best first person shooter controls I've seen, aside from a mouse and keyboard.

Obviously on the Caanoo you'd have to be touching the main game screen, but it would still work fine IMO.

the controls look very precise in that video! much better than any dual analog controller set up. i had no idea that nintendo already thought of this. surely it would work even better with the caanoo's larger touchscreen, analog stick, thicker build for one handed holding, and tv out. if it were possible the caanoo would make a great usb controller for first person shooters on a console.

ozzuneoj said:

While that would awesome, I'm not sure the Caanoo's screen would be sensitive enough for that kind of precise use. I find that you really have to press the screen more than touch it a lot of the time, and I don't think I'd be comfortable dragging my stylus all over the screen with that level of pressure.

i have edit the Touch now it more like Metroid Prime Hunters.

And i add 2 new Option:

1. Switch Auto Centerview On/Off
2. Touch Option: Off/Touch/Move/Use All

Rikku2000 said:
i have edit the Touch now it more like Metroid Prime Hunters.

And i add 2 new Option:

1. Switch Auto Centerview On/Off
2. Touch Option: Off/Touch/Move/Use All

Awesome! Can't wait to give this a try!

I just put version 5 on my Caanoo and I'm impressed with how nice the game looks and how it runs. It looks soooo much better than Quake on the DS. I was impressed by that port as well, but this actually looks better than the PC version did at this resolution.

Awesome updates! Thanks for fixing the text in one of the mission packs. One of them still has flickering "Dissolution of Eternity".

PS. Might we see those updates on the pandora at some point?

1. I dont have an toolchain for cygwin, so curently no.
2. I will Support GPH Device with Pandora you can easy setup Quake and thats not fair for WIZ/Caanoo

Theres been a major lockup happening with quake on pandora, it used to work. Ive been assuming that its been a driver issue. There is a new driver but we need a newer kernel and Im not sure when its going to be updated.
Im willing to try a version with all Rikku2000's changes just hoping for a miracle that it works.

Back