Gph Quake

Hmm yeah you right Pickle but Pandora user have better keymap as WIZ/Caanoo users...
And i hope next time my libcurl works well on Caanoo to use the ODater option for
Online Update Support on Quake... Its Like Steam do make Updates for
Half-Life/Counter-strike etc so now one must wait longer for new Updates.
Updates will download Automatic.

what do you guys think about an option to turn analog sensitivity on and off on the analog stick in later versions? like tilting the stick %0-%50 will make you walk and %51-%100 will make you run.

the different analog sensitivities can even be keys themselves. for example for 2 levels of analog sensitivities in one direction: left %0-%50 can be "D" and left %51-%100 can be "leftarrow". for all analog movements that's 8 keys. and quake allows 2 buttons to be pressed together so you wouldn't have to worry about creating analog diagonals. this way we can just create our own analog sensitivity bindings.

this can also be used for aiming/looking around and with more than 2 levels of sensitivities for different yawspeeds and pitchspeeds. i'll probably never use the analog stick for this after the touchscreen update but some people might want this as an option.

this was already mentioned before. i thought i'd bring it up again since pickle's and rikku2000's gph quake is gaining a lot of momentum right now.

I don't know if I'd use a feature like that myself. It seems like it'd be rather unpredictable. I've always played these games with Always-Run turned on anyway. Quake was never a game that required being careful.

If it isn't too hard to implement though, I'm sure someone would use it.

i don't need the analog features myself. when the touchscreen gets fixed i will be quite happy with the controls. i was suggesting the idea for those that are used to analog controls for their first person shooters and might prefer it.

I add some new stuff one is Half-Life Maps will load now the requierd
Wad Files and kan show the Right Skybox

for exsample: you want play de_dust so you put the map in the maps
dir and you put the 3 wad files in your id1 floder

[id1]
-[maps]
--de_dust.bsp
-halflife.wad
-cs_dust.wad
-decals.wad

Image:

the secound Update is the maplist you can add custom maps into your quake
you just must edit later your "maplist.txt".

for exsample:
[id1]
-[maps]
--dm2k.bsp
-maplist.txt <- with entry "dm2k" or "dm2k.bsp" both will work.

In Quake you goto Multiplayer i set the Custom Menu as first so in
this menu you can select your custom maps.

hey rikku2000 i appreciate everything your doing for gph quake. the game is looking better, controlling better, and can play more maps. but you haven't mentioned doing anything to fix the freezing and crashing issues during multiplayer?

i think everyone is waiting for this to be fixed and for their wifi dongles to work before the real party starts! until then i'll continue to test your releases.

The Crash is not the force of the GPH Quake. Pickle say its an problem on an caanoo driver issus
i thing GPH need to update there kernel becouse why Quake runs so fine on WIZ but on Caanoo crash
some times? there is an big issus in GPH Kernel/Firmware...

This Crashs fuck me too :p but i am still on working on it and fix it :)

Now i add some my Half-Life Quake into the Engine but there is an secret command to use the
Half-Life with the right parameter :p becouse now i start Dual Engine for Half-Life Quake and
GPH Quake but you will see nothing on menu or something :p.

Info: V6 will come With out the promised WIZ Support Pickle see the WIZ Version have an problem
on Compile but i will release v6 so i am sorry for WIZ Users but we will work on this probs curently :)

GPH Quake will become an Webpage but now i dont have an good CMS for it what i want to use...

if its done i let you know. when the page is online i release my Half-Life Quake SDK with some usefull
Software for Making Quake Models/Maps etc... :)

Rikku2000 said:
The Crash is not the force of the GPH Quake. Pickle say its an problem on an caanoo driver issus
i thing GPH need to update there kernel becouse why Quake runs so fine on WIZ but on Caanoo crash
some times? there is an big issus in GPH Kernel/Firmware...

This Crashs fuck me too :p but i am still on working on it and fix it :)

I 'guess' is could be the firmware, but anyone's guess is as good as mine.
Does anyone know has the crash been there since my initial version?

Last edited by a moderator:
the crash was in the initial release on the first firmware. just leaving the demo on and letting them run they would eventually crash when left in loop. the crashes seemed to happen randomly. and it usually happens when there are a lot of particles on screen and up close for example getting hit by a grenade and the particles take up half the screen. this also happen sometimes during single gameplay and also randomly.

but then when the second firmware was release i don't remember the demo freezing up when left in loop or single player game freezing up.

i haven't tried the initial release on the latest firmware but rikku2000's version has similar results to the second firmware release with demo and singleplayer.

another thing i've notice is whenever i play the bigass1.dem it always freezes in the exact same place every time.

after further testing of rikku2000's version, demo also freezes on the latest firmware when i leave the demo running for about 12mins. and always at the same place.

I test something and i disable the particles in quake its look
like it works fine, i will test more about this when it work i
know where i have to find something...

Okey i got it its really the particles in Quake so i will add
an command that can turn off the particles in Quake

i made a discovery while trying to find the moment of the game freezing. if i turn off alpha hud it does not freeze. i always had alpha hud on that was why the game always freeze when i die. it might be related to screen resolution? maybe because you see more of the screen with alpha hud turned on?

also when i die with alpha hud on the score won't show up but the score does show up when i have alpha hud turned off.

i tested this on the bigass1.demo and now i can view the entire demo all the time. before when i had hud alpha on it always froze at the exact same place all the time.

i hope this helps!

one other thing i forgot to mention. transparent console only shows when dynamic lights are on.

Okey, now when you Die with alpha HUD it show the ScoreBoard thanks for that info :)

Yeah with alpha HUD you see more of the screen... of course you can use normal HUD and
set the Screen size 120 but when you do this you dont have Armor/Health/Ammo on display
that why i add the alpha HUD.

Rikku2000 said:
Okey, now when you Die with alpha HUD it show the ScoreBoard thanks for that info :)

Yeah with alpha HUD you see more of the screen... of course you can use normal HUD and
set the Screen size 120 but when you do this you dont have Armor/Health/Ammo on display
that why i add the alpha HUD.

oh yeah i forgot about screen size 120. i just tested it and it works fine. so it isn't screen size it is only hud alpha.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now its done, V6 is ready for Download, Have FUN!

I add some new things today like:
Dynamic Torchflare and Bumpmap (Alpha Version) and some ather stuff

Info for Touchscreen: A good choice for users:
Touch Speed set by your Self...
Invert Touch set On
Touchscreen set Move
Auto Centerview set Off

Is there any way to make the touch screen only respond to movement from the point that you touch it, rather than being related to the center point of the screen? For example, every time I touch the screen it jumps in a certain direction and it makes it very disorienting.

Its a bit hard to describe I guess.

If you touch the screen repeatedly near the edge it basically goes nuts and puts you in a random position. The touch screen controls in first person games on the DS however don't do this. They only respond to movement of the stylus, not location of touch. It doesn't matter where you touch the screen in Metroid Prime Hunters... it only matters how much you move the stylus. If you tap the screen all over it doesn't move the screen.

wow this is a huge update, thanks! i was especially wanted to try out the new controls but like ozzuneoj said the touchscreen doesn't control anything like a mouse. you should try playing a level and see what we mean.

the other thing is when i hold L and R together the game quits. and i use those buttons a lot.

other than those two things it's great! i'm looking forward for these fixes, thank you.

Back