GP32 Gplcdfade

Akuma no Houkon

Certified Guru
Website
akuma.gp32news.com
When I use GpLcdFade with a negative value the screen will fade out (as it should) but when I give it a positive value and the screen fades back in, the colors are all...well messed up. I am assuming this function does not actually fade the LCD but "darkens" the individual colors on screen, so fading them back in doesnt reverse the proccess, it just brightens up the dark colors, no? (same effect you get if you fade out an image in photoshop and try and fade it back in)

Now in the API documentation (English v 1.0) there exists a function GpLcdFadeBack which is supposed to keep track of the fade out so you can fade in properly, this function is not declared in the SDK header. In the API documentation (Korean v 2.0) this function doesnt exist anymore and if I try to declare it in my headers the compiler yells at me. And since I cannot read korean, I have no clue what is going on here.

Can someone give me a quick example of using the GpLcdFade to properly fade in/out the screen?

There is indeed a bug in the fade in and out routines. here is the code I use in VNS.

Code:
/*Fade In */
void FadeIn(void)
{
     int i;
     for (i=1;i<25;i++) GpLcdFadeNormalize(NULL);
}

/*Fade Out */
void FadeOut(void)
{
     int i;
     for (i=1;i<25;i++) GpLcdFade(-1,NULL);
}

Ah Thanks, FadeNormalize, wasnt aware of what it did, the only docs that mention it are the API v2.0 docs and those are korean.

So how does FadeNormalize work? Whats the interval that it uses? In GpLcdFade you give an interval (-1), but in normalize you dont, is GpLcdFade keeping a log and Normalize just backtracks through that log?

Yes GpLcdFade keeps a log, but I seem to remember there is a maximum. I thought the maximum was 25.

Back