Gplink And Gp32 Usb Driver For Windows 7 64Bits

That's great!
I had a long time to use the USB cable because I am on Windows 7.
Sometimes it didn't even work correctly on XP.
I hope it works perfectly now.

And I'll see if this tool can also be used for running directly, for testing on the device (requires pc-link/multi-fw, what's that?)

Orion: awesome stuff, glad I found this... can't remember if GPLink can install fpk's though...

Optimus: You just need a firmware that has pc-link support. Like pacrom and I do believe Mr. Spiv's multifw included it aswell.

I decided to try this. First, I copied the included .dll and .sys files into the proper folders.

I couldn't find my old GPLink cable, so I bought this 4-pin USB adapter, which can apparently replace it when inserted upside down.

It was hard to get it in the GP32's slot, but I think I managed. My computer made that sound it makes when it recognizes that a USB device has been plugged in.

I clicked on "Link Mode" in Mr. Spiv's firmware.

However, GPLink won't recognize my GP32. It says "error: couldn't find gp32 attached to usb / gp connection error".

Any suggestions?

I remember I had some issues with it at first, the installer at usb_driver would not work (I don't remember if it would crash or just seem to complete what it's doing but GP32 would not be recognized).
I also remember that at the end I had to manually add the driver, find the device it's not recognized in device manager and select to provide folder with driver, then provided one of the folders inside usb_driver (either ia64, amd64, x86 depending on your PC).
Then it worked. I could run the bat file (maybe it didn't worked once and worked the next time, I had to reboot). At first I was using this batch file to also add aditional files. Because I was using phodrive wrong.
When you run phodrive you must not have the cable connect. First run phodrive, then connect the cable. Sometimes it will not work. Reboot the GP32 and try again.

p.s. If you still have problems, I could try again in a new Windows 7 machine to remember the process.

Back