GP32 Gplinux

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

I have not yet had a play with gpLinux because my only SMC is the crappy small one that came with D&G (16MB) and the zipped-up GPlinux is bigger than that already!

Is it featured enough, and does the gp have enough memory, to compile for gcc on my GP? Continuing to develop while I am away from home would be suweetah!

Imagine - devKitARM, GCC, Mr.Mirkos SDK... no copying over the USB to test... ahhh

Although I haven't tried and I'm not really that up to speed with current development, the 8m limitation really cuts down the options for runnning GCC ;) I've built various stuff under netbsd on my dreamcast and that was a world of tears, reboots and just wah I wouldn't want to revisit ;) Also I don't _think_ they have write access to the SMC yet so as far as I know you'd have to extract the whole linux image off the SMC and extract it on your hdd to get at the new complied code, then copy it back over USB ;)

Too bad noone has the 32mb upgrade working in linux, would be sweet, that or the 64mb upgrade.

Also, you can compile on the pc, and transfer, the option to compile on the gp32 is just a treat.

Back