Gpmame32 Running With Emulator Geepee32?

Denus

Still Fresh
Website
mamecabinet.blogspot.com
I'm trying to run GPMAME32 v1.8 with the GP32 emulator GeePee32 v0.43 (running with fw157e.bin) but without succes.
The roms were sorted with the GPMAME Copier v0.6 (I have a list of +/- 350 GPMAME32 compatible roms) and copied into the right directory, as described in the read-me.

The front-end is running, but I can't create a list of the available roms.
I get this error:

ERROR Starting UTF-8
Could not find ' '
in directory...
gp:\gpmm\mamegp32\roms

I've tried everything explained in the read-me and faqs on the internet, but no go.

I thought it was a problem caused by the NTFS format of my harddisks, but even from a USB key, it doesn't start.

Now, I know this is emulation, so it could be just that, but I'm not sure.
I don't have the hardware (yet) to test it in real.

Any ideas? :mellow:

Your trying to run a emulator with a emulator?

Forget it, it won`t work, and if it would work you would have a little dia show nothing more.
Geepee runs at 40mhz (if I remember correctly) which is far to less for running GPMame.

I'm trying to run GPMAME32 v1.8 with the GP32 emulator GeePee32 v0.43 (running with fw157e.bin) but without succes.
I have gpmame running through geepee. I use version 40, mainly because it works with my batch files.

Each new mame version I have to reapply my modifications that I have for the front end and it is just quicker to make sure things work.

I have a batch file called emu.bat

@SET CWD=%CD%
@pushd C:\gp32\tools\geepee32_v40
geepee32 "/EXE=%CWD%\%1" /SMC=C:\gp32\tools\mame16.smc /RUN
@popd

I then run
emu mamegp32.fxe (or whatever file I want to run.)

What it sound like is you are missing a virtual smc. I created a 16MB smc (C:\gp32\tools\mame16.smc), copied all the files and it works fine.

I used FXE file maker from http://www.gp32eu.com/dev.php to create the smc and drag all my roms and stuff into it.

For what it is worth, the really old games, like amidar for instance, run at an okay speed under the emulator.

That said, if you DO want to run it on GeePee32, make sure you've made the .fxe and roms into a .smc image with makeSMC, and are running it from that. Else you'll have problems. You can find the proggy http://users.skynet.be/firefly/gp32/ there, if you want to try regardless (assuming you aren't already).

As has been said, though, remember the performance on GeePee32 will be terrible; I must say, I was almost at the point of cancelling my order when I first tested the so-called "full speed" SMS/GG emu on it just after placing my order at lik-sang (back in 02, iirc). On GeePee it felt like running a SNES emu on a 386!

Needless to say, I'm very glad I didn't do so - the performance on hardware was indeed pretty darn close to full speed, as it was for other emus. But bear in mind the loss of speed when you try this...

EDIT: Zaq121 got there first :p

Ok, thanks guys!
I have to create a virtual smc first: that's a start.
I know it will be slow, but I just want to see how it runs on the PC, since I don't have a GP32.

I have ordered a GPX2, so I'm playing with the software on the GP32 emulator until the device arrives.

Back