Gps And Gps Receiver?

ok, according to the Pandora spec. can it emulate Window Mobile 5 or earlier version? if yes, does anyone have plan to work on it? it would be answome to turn the pandora into working windows PDA platform...

Windows Mobile runs on ARM CPUs, so it's in theory possible to do something like Wine to run WM applications since the underlying architecture is the same. For example, WM has a pogram called StyleTap (I think) which runs PalmOS programs.

vincent85 said:
ok, according to the Pandora spec. can it emulate Window Mobile 5 or earlier version? if yes, does anyone have plan to work on it? it would be answome to turn the pandora into working windows PDA platform...
To the best of my knowledge, the only WM5 emulator is a MS product and runs exclusively in Windows. The Pandora hardware is more than capable of running WM5 outright, but MS isn't exactly likely to hand over the source for their mobile platform.

Is there something specific that you want to run under WM5, or are you just asking because you think it would be "cool"?

Last edited by a moderator:
vincent85 said:
Whats wrong with a Linux PDA platform? Both GPE and Qtopia can run on the GP2X and with the real time clock they should run even better on the Pandora. Whats special about Windows Mobile 5 that you would need it emulated instead of a straight port of a Linux PDA solution?

EDIT: I think GPE even has a GPS program already. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back